Account & Settings

VGUILLEMAIN
Miembro

How to hide a property for some user

resolver

Hi everybody, 

Sorry if the question already been asked, I've checked but I found nothing. 

I customized property for my contacts, to use it after in an Excel retraitment. To simplify everything, I've added a property "margin" right after the amount of sales etc. 

But, I would like to hide this property for people in my company. In fact, for the "margin" property, only founders will fill it, in order to have all informations about the sale in the Excel retraitment. 

Do you knox how to do this ? Is it possible ? 

Thx everybody, 

1 Soluciones aceptada
Phil_Vallender
Solución
Miembro estimable | Partner nivel Diamond

resolver

Update: Field (read property) level permissions are now available in HubSpot Enterprise accounts. You still can't hide a property, but you can prevent users from editing them: Ensure Proper Access with Field Level Edit Permissions 

Hi @VGUILLEMAIN

While you can remove almost any property from the default views that your users will see in HubSpot, it is not possible at this time to individually configure the permissions for property to set who can see them vs. who can not. 

This might be a new idea, in which case I suggest you post it in the ideas forum. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
9 Respuestas 9
samara1
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

resolver

It would be perfect the option to hide some properties from some users. We need to this kind of configuration in almost all customers we have. Just blocking the edit does not prevent users from seeing the information in the properties, which is what we need.

kvlschaefer
Administrador de la comunidad

resolver

Hi @samara1,

Thank you for your feedback. 

I would highly recommend you to please post this idea at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
samara1

resolver
kvlschaefer

resolver

Upvoted, @samara1!

Thanks for posting your idea here 🙂 

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Me gusta
Phil_Vallender
Solución

resolver

Update: Field (read property) level permissions are now available in HubSpot Enterprise accounts. You still can't hide a property, but you can prevent users from editing them: Ensure Proper Access with Field Level Edit Permissions 

Hi @VGUILLEMAIN

While you can remove almost any property from the default views that your users will see in HubSpot, it is not possible at this time to individually configure the permissions for property to set who can see them vs. who can not. 

This might be a new idea, in which case I suggest you post it in the ideas forum. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Me gusta
centralenergy
Miembro

resolver

Just wanted to second the need for this feature to be added.  I feel this is a must for those who have "sub-users" and need admin (managment) specific properties to be hidden.

I hope this is high on the list as most other CRM platforms have this common feature. Thanks.

Nick_Trendline
Colaborador

resolver

Agreed.  Odd this isn't standard functionality yet.

mikevhdl
Miembro

resolver

Ditto - I need to create calucated fields that not all users can see.  There should be a way to make a field only visible to a certain role or permissions level.  Like deal margin or sales commission, etc.

VGUILLEMAIN
Miembro

resolver

Thank you for your answer Phil, I send it to the ideas forum. VG