Account & Settings

justip
Mitglied

How to exclude your own company from becoming a lead?

lösung

Hi all,

Just getting started in the Hubspot world and I've been trying to find out how to prevent contacts from my company domain from becoming leads in our tool?

Blocking the domain is one option that I know of, but if I do so - and there is an email sent to/from that email address from an actual lead, will it still save it in their record?

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @justip,

As far as I know, there isn't any specific settings for this. Any contact that submits a form will be marked as a lead, unless you deactivate this for all contacts (Settings > Objects > Contacts > Lifecycle Stage).

Is there any particular reason why you don't want these contacts showing up as leads? You can always create an active list that filters for Email domain = your company domain. This list can then be excluded wherever you think it would make sense.

When a HubSpot user sends an email to a contact, the email will not save to their own record, no.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @justip,

As far as I know, there isn't any specific settings for this. Any contact that submits a form will be marked as a lead, unless you deactivate this for all contacts (Settings > Objects > Contacts > Lifecycle Stage).

Is there any particular reason why you don't want these contacts showing up as leads? You can always create an active list that filters for Email domain = your company domain. This list can then be excluded wherever you think it would make sense.

When a HubSpot user sends an email to a contact, the email will not save to their own record, no.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.