Account & Settings

DM

How to delete account?

SOLVE

I created an account to review hubspot. My boss is going ahead with the CRM but now we have two accounts for our company and I need to be added as a user under his account (primary account). Hubspot does not have any inituitive or realizable method of deleting my current account, which is necessary so I can then be re-added as a user under my bosses account.

Any help will be very appreciated. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hello, 

When looking to canceling your Sales/CRM account you can follow our documentation that I have provided below: 

For the CRM/Sales you will want to: 

Account Administrators can delete a CRM-only account with the push of a button. This will not be possible if you have HubSpot Sales Professional, HubSpot's Marketing product, or the Reporting Add-on. To do so:

• Ensure you are the team admin. User Roles are listed within Manage Users.
  • Navigate to Settings in the top navigation bar.
  • Within Settings, select Configuration
  • Scroll to the Delete your CRM section and click the red Delete your CRM button.

If you are having other issues with canceling please let me know. 

Thank you, 

Courtney Sembler 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20
raphaela

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Btw I'm using a Free CRM account...

0 Upvotes
PaulRBerg
Contributor

How to delete account?

SOLVE

This still doesn't work in the free version. I'm the only super admin, as you can see in the image below, but when I go to "Account & Billing", I see a "You're not allowed in here" warning.

Capture d’écran 2019-12-03 à 15.43.34.png
Capture d’écran 2019-12-03 à 15.44.00.png

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hi @PaulRBerg,

Are you in a developer portal or a CRM portal? If you are in a developer portal they cannot be deleted in app. If you can confirm the hub id I can assist you with getting it deleted.

If you are in a CRM portal, can you please confirm the issue occurs across multiple browsers and through an incognito window? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
PaulRBerg
Contributor

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hi Jenny, yes that is a developer portal. Id is 6068932.

I'd love for it to be deleted!

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hi @PaulRBerg,

Your request has been completed and you should be all set.

Thank you,
Jenny

SCoelhoS

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

I'd like also cancel mine, the ID number is 139851386. Like with Paul, I'm not allowed to do it on my own.

Thank you,

SCoelho
Screenshot 2023-07-13 at 10.30.31.png

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hi @SCoelhoS,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and thank you for the screenshot!

On the popup you shared, you need to enter/type your Hub ID yourself to confirm the deletion and then the "Yes, delete" button will become accessible to permanently delete your account.

Have you tried this please?

Also, is it a CRM portal or a Developer account please?

Thanks and have a good day!
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
cbsembler
Solution
Academy Team
Academy Team

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hello, 

When looking to canceling your Sales/CRM account you can follow our documentation that I have provided below: 

For the CRM/Sales you will want to: 

Account Administrators can delete a CRM-only account with the push of a button. This will not be possible if you have HubSpot Sales Professional, HubSpot's Marketing product, or the Reporting Add-on. To do so:

• Ensure you are the team admin. User Roles are listed within Manage Users.
  • Navigate to Settings in the top navigation bar.
  • Within Settings, select Configuration
  • Scroll to the Delete your CRM section and click the red Delete your CRM button.

If you are having other issues with canceling please let me know. 

Thank you, 

Courtney Sembler 

Courtney Sembler,
HubSpot Academy
MSipes

How to delete account?

SOLVE

I need to delete my account. Everything I try to do doesn't let me delete it. Account: 44311057

0 Upvotes
ChristVolo1

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hello, I have two free accounts; one with just my personal name and business email, and no courses or anything else, that says "you have no accounts," and another one that has my business name on it, with my personal email, because it keeps telling me that my business email is associated with another account (the first account). I have tried deleting the blank one with my business email, but every time I try to go to Security to click "delete this account," the page refreshes and logs me out. I am unable to delete that account so I can add my business email to the account with my business name on it, and since I don't have access to phone or chat support, I have been unable to get this resolved.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hi @ChristVolo1,

Is your end goal to delete the account associated with your business email?

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please confirm the issue occurs across multiple browsers and through an incognito window? 

If the issue persists, can you please direct message me both of your email addresses, the accounts you have, and which one you are looking to delete? 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
sean

How to delete account?

SOLVE

when i click on CRM configuration I get an error 

says there was an issue fetching some of your settings. please try again in few minutes.

And this has been happening for months never been able to access the configuration 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hi @sean does this error appear when you try to delete your account?

IF not, could you please post a new topic here so we can keep the support content relevant to each issue. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
Itaikarelic

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hi, 

I created an account but my CEO created a different one and I'm trying to delete my account. I went to https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/how-do-i-cancel-my-hubspot-account

But once I press settings there is no configurations page. I am super admin so should be able to delete. I need to delete the free sales and free CRM so we can use just one account. 

I've searched help as welll as the posts but for can't find configurations or how to delete the CRM account. 

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hi @Itaikarelic I can see there is an account in your name with the HUB ID 3329190. However you are not listed as an Administrator. You will need to reach out to the Admin for this request.

If you send me a private message I can confirm the Admin's name and email. 

0 Upvotes
Molson

How to delete account?

SOLVE

I am the superuser on the account and I am not able to see "configuration" under settings at all.  Can you help?

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hello @Molson, let me know if you are unable to view/access the steps below: 

• Navigate to your Account Menu > Account & Billing.
  • Select Account Summary in the left sidebar menu. 
  • Click Delete account.

deletecrm.png

• You'll be prompted to enter your Hub ID in order to confirm the deletion. Once you enter your Hub ID, click Yes, delete to permanently delete your account.

confirm-deletion.png

0 Upvotes
dabebe

How to delete account?

SOLVE

None of the above works, I am superadmin and opened the tabs you describe so well but the button "delete account" is nowhere to be found.

raphaela

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hi there, I would like to delete the Hubspot account I've created. 

All I could find was go to Settings/ Configuration/ Delete. But I cannot see "Configuration" in my left side bar, even though I'm logged in with the email I used to set up the current account (so I assume I'm the team admin, am I?).

Thanks for your help,

Raphaela

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

How to delete account?

SOLVE

Hey @raphaela the Knowledge Article linked by @cbsembler above outlines instructions on how to delete Free Sales Accounts: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/how-do-i-cancel-my-hubspot-account

Please note: You need to have the role of 'Administrator' to be able to do this.

0 Upvotes