Account & Settings

sspfrank

How to combine HubSpot accounts

SOLVE

I have 2 accounts with HubSpot and I think I only want/need one of them.

The first account was setup when I started 2 HubSpot training certifications, which I completed.

The second account was somehow setup at another point, either a while back during a time that I cannot remember, or when I decided to give HubSpot's CRM a try and when asked to login mistakenly used info from the prior account or setup a new one entirely.

One is classified as "Community" the other classified as "Account". I don't know the difference and/or if both are needed.

It got me thinking, do I need 2 accounts for different purposes? Should I just have 1 account? Do I need to consolidate these? Does it hurt to have 2 rather than 1 account? Just not sure what to do at this point so I'm seeing guidance. 

Any help is appreciated.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
DBellamy
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

If you were only using one for training, you can call in to have it consolidated.  It will make life a little easier for you.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

To second this, you can also follow the instructions in this article to delete a portal that was created accidentally: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/how-do-i-cancel-my-hubspot-account

You should not need more than one portal under normal circumstances, unless you are managing different companies or databases accross different portals!

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
9 Replies 9
DBellamy
Solution
Contributor

SOLVE

If you were only using one for training, you can call in to have it consolidated.  It will make life a little easier for you.

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

To second this, you can also follow the instructions in this article to delete a portal that was created accidentally: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/how-do-i-cancel-my-hubspot-account

You should not need more than one portal under normal circumstances, unless you are managing different companies or databases accross different portals!

0 Upvotes
bauer_corp

SOLVE

I have the same problem. Please can you merge my Hubspot Academy account with my Hubspot account. I have now Hubspot Academy account (with only Hubspot Inbound Certification) & Hubspot  Company account (with only Inbound Sales Certification). I like to have these certifications only on my company account. Can you help me out. 

0 Upvotes
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hey @bauer_corp HubSpot accounts cannot be merged. That said, it is possible to transfer certifications. Could provide some further detail on what data you want to merge?

MichelMF

SOLVE

Hi,

How can I transfer my certifications from my Gmail account to my business account?

And is it possible to transfer the badges too ?

Thank you

Michel

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MichelMF,

You can transfer your certifications by following the steps here.

Thank you,
Jenny

IReguilon

SOLVE

Hi Jenny,

Whilst this option exists it seems to no longer work. I've also emailed the Hubspot academy team directly on the advice of your Sales chat support team to no response. Any ideas on how to transfer certification from one account to another?

Irene

0 Upvotes
MichMF
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Jenny, 

Thanks for your answer that helped me.
Michel

0 Upvotes
sspfrank

SOLVE

Just found another cross referenced category classification as well... this is so confusing:

The "Community" account is also classified as "Marketing" 

The "Account" account is also classified as "Sales"

Not sure how this came to be either....

0 Upvotes