How to combine HubSpot accounts

SOLVE
Highlighted

I have 2 accounts with HubSpot and I think I only want/need one of them.

The first account was setup when I started 2 HubSpot training certifications, which I completed.

The second account was somehow setup at another point, either a while back during a time that I cannot remember, or when I decided to give HubSpot's CRM a try and when asked to login mistakenly used info from the prior account or setup a new one entirely.

One is classified as "Community" the other classified as "Account". I don't know the difference and/or if both are needed.

It got me thinking, do I need 2 accounts for different purposes? Should I just have 1 account? Do I need to consolidate these? Does it hurt to have 2 rather than 1 account? Just not sure what to do at this point so I'm seeing guidance. 

Any help is appreciated.

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor

If you were only using one for training, you can call in to have it consolidated.  It will make life a little easier for you.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

To second this, you can also follow the instructions in this article to delete a portal that was created accidentally: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/how-do-i-cancel-my-hubspot-account

You should not need more than one portal under normal circumstances, unless you are managing different companies or databases accross different portals!

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8

Just found another cross referenced category classification as well... this is so confusing:

The "Community" account is also classified as "Marketing" 

The "Account" account is also classified as "Sales"

Not sure how this came to be either....

0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

If you were only using one for training, you can call in to have it consolidated.  It will make life a little easier for you.

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

To second this, you can also follow the instructions in this article to delete a portal that was created accidentally: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/account/how-do-i-cancel-my-hubspot-account

You should not need more than one portal under normal circumstances, unless you are managing different companies or databases accross different portals!

0 Upvotes

I have the same problem. Please can you merge my Hubspot Academy account with my Hubspot account. I have now Hubspot Academy account (with only Hubspot Inbound Certification) & Hubspot  Company account (with only Inbound Sales Certification). I like to have these certifications only on my company account. Can you help me out. 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hey @bauer_corp HubSpot accounts cannot be merged. That said, it is possible to transfer certifications. Could provide some further detail on what data you want to merge?

Visitor

Hi,

How can I transfer my certifications from my Gmail account to my business account?

And is it possible to transfer the badges too ?

Thank you

Michel

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @MichelMF,

You can transfer your certifications by following the steps here.

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
New Contributor

Hi Jenny, 

Thanks for your answer that helped me.
Michel

0 Upvotes