Account & Settings

Chrismen78

How to change the email address of my Hubspot account?

SOLVE

Hello, could I be told the solution to change the email address of my Hubspot account ? I checked in the settings of my account, but apparently we can not change the email address ourselves. I must change it, because in a few months, the current address will no longer exist. How to modify it ? Thank you in advance for your help !

ORIGINAL FRENCH MESSAGE:

Bonjour, pourrait-on m'indiquer la solution pour modifier l'adresse email de mon compte Hubspot ? J'ai vérifié dans les paramètres de mon compte, mais apparemment nous ne pouvons pas modifier l'adresse email nous même. Il faut que je la modifie, car dans quelques mois, l'adresse actuelle n'existera plus. Comment faire pour la modifier ? Merci d'avance pour votre aide !

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: How to change the email address of my Hubspot account??

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Step-by-Step

-1- Add a new HubSpot User with your new email address.

-2- Promote the new HubSpot User to Super Admin.

-3- Login with your new HubSpot User.

-4- Remove your OLD account.

Fini!

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
7 Replies 7
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

Help other HubSpot searchers find this post quickly by accepting this solution today.

Q: How to change the email address of my Hubspot account??

Short A: n/a

Longer A:

Step-by-Step

-1- Add a new HubSpot User with your new email address.

-2- Promote the new HubSpot User to Super Admin.

-3- Login with your new HubSpot User.

-4- Remove your OLD account.

Fini!

Help answer your question? If so, remember to accept this solution today.

Best,
Frank

hubspot-solutions-signature-mfrankjohnson-v03.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Chrismen78

SOLVE

Hello and thank you Franck for your response.

I want to keep the same username. If I add a new user name, I will be forced to name it differently from the first one. And, I will not be able to modify it after having deleted the first one. There must be a simple solution to change the email address of the account ?
It's still amazing to find no simple solution to change an email address! It is sufficient, in most services, to go into the settings to change the information. At Hubspot, it sounds complicated !
The phone number is French, but no one is French at the end of the line! Unbelievable !

ORIGINAL FRENCH MESSAGE:

Bonjour et merci Franck pour votre réponse.

Je souhaiterai conserver le même nom d'utilisateur. Si j'ajoute un nouveau nom d'utilisateur, je serai forcé de le nommer différemment du premier. Et, je ne pourrai plus le modifier après avoir supprimé le premier. Il doit exister une solution simple pour modifier l'adresse email du compte ?!
C'est tout de même incroyable de ne trouver aucune solution simple pour modifier une adresse email ! Il suffit, dans la plus part des services, d'aller dans les paramètres pour modifier les informations. Chez Hubspot, cela a l'air compliqué !
Le numéro de téléphone est Français, mais personne n'est Français au bout du fil ! Incroyable !

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

>>" If I add a new user name, I will be forced to name it differently from the first one."

Not true. Hubspot builds accounts based on email address (not username).

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Chrismen78

SOLVE

That's exactly my problem. I do not need a new user. I want to change the email address of my account, because the current address will soon no longer exist. How do I change the original email address of my Hubspot account without adding a new user (as recommended in a previous answer) ?
Looking forward and hoping for a solution. Thank you to the community !

ORIGINAL FRENCH MESSAGE:

C'est justement ça mon problème. Je n'ai pas besoin de nouvel utilisateur. Je souhaite modifier l'adresse email de mon compte, car l'adresse actuelle n'existera bientôt plus. Comment dois-je faire pour modifier l'adresse email initiale de mon compte Hubspot, sans ajouter de nouvel utilisateur ( comme conseillé dans une réponse précédente ) ?
Dans l'attente et l'espoir d'une solution. Merci à la communauté !

0 Upvotes
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

You are welcome to contact HubSpot Support who will only confirm the step-by-step shown here in the original response.

Good luck.

cc: @roisinkirby@jennysowyrda@edjusten

#nlmtt

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Upvotes
Dewey80

SOLVE

I can confirm this works. Thanks MFJLabs!

One thing I would add to these steps is that before you delete the old user you transfer all ownership to the new user. This can be done quickly, but unfortunately still manual, by creating a filter for the owner, then selecting all items in the filtered results, then edit the owner. Repeat for contacts, companies, deals, etc...

Happy Migrating! 🙂

Dewey80

SOLVE

Hi Frank, Everyone,

Further to Chrismen78's question; Will this also work for the creator of the Hubspot ID?

We are changing our company primary domain and will move all users (only 15) to a new domain, easy enough to do manually but I just want to make sure even the creator of the Hubspot account can move!

Thanks,

Dewey

0 Upvotes