Account & Settings

Kartik_sharma

How to block an account from receiving any emails?

SOLVE

Hi I'm a sales guy and it's really difficult to keep a track of all the existing customers (accounts) that are already there in the system and I want to avoid sending them any sales emails. Is there a way to disable all emails for a specific company/account? 

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Kartik_sharma 

Thank you for reaching out!

You can do that on a contact level or via an opt-out list import. You'll still be able to send a sales/individual email to that person but the systems will ask you a legal basis so it'll be easier to recognize this is probably a opted out contact. 

This will however unsubscribe them to all marketing emails.

Another thing I could think of would be to pin a note in the contact record to quickly see if this is a person you can send a sales email too, or use Lists with a custom property.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

BukunmiOdetayo
Solution
Top Contributor | Partner

SOLVE

Hey guys 

Thanks, @TiphaineCuisset for the invite

@Kartik_sharma,

Do you mean existing contacts are being created as new in your database without deduplication? I might need you to help clarify this further for me to be able to assist better.

For the sales emails, either one-to-one (from the contact field) or one-to-many (sequences), sequences would normally enrol contacts from a list or workflow or directly from their record. You may also not want the existing clients to receive automated and regular marketing emails (mainly one-to-many). Whichever way, the most obvious approach to solve the problem will be a deeper explanation of the solution that Tiphaine proposed: create a custom property (this is most often referred to as a "lead status" and conforms pretty much with the lifecycle stage). The lead status tells "who" that lead is to you in view of their lifecycle stage, and it depends on your operations. 

You can then create an active list of these existing contacts that already bear the tag (custom property) and exclude them from all sales emails in sequences. 

HubSpot List.PNG

To identify these types of contacts and not send them one-to-one sales emails, customize your contact sidebar and include the lead status. Anytime you open such contact and check the lead status, you will know whether or not they should receive the sales email you're about to send.

HubSPot view.PNG

Let me know if this helps!

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Kartik_sharma

SOLVE

Hi @TiphaineCuisset @BukunmiOdetayo , Thank you for your help. I think it'll do!

0 Upvotes
BukunmiOdetayo
Solution

SOLVE

Hey guys 

Thanks, @TiphaineCuisset for the invite

@Kartik_sharma,

Do you mean existing contacts are being created as new in your database without deduplication? I might need you to help clarify this further for me to be able to assist better.

For the sales emails, either one-to-one (from the contact field) or one-to-many (sequences), sequences would normally enrol contacts from a list or workflow or directly from their record. You may also not want the existing clients to receive automated and regular marketing emails (mainly one-to-many). Whichever way, the most obvious approach to solve the problem will be a deeper explanation of the solution that Tiphaine proposed: create a custom property (this is most often referred to as a "lead status" and conforms pretty much with the lifecycle stage). The lead status tells "who" that lead is to you in view of their lifecycle stage, and it depends on your operations. 

You can then create an active list of these existing contacts that already bear the tag (custom property) and exclude them from all sales emails in sequences. 

HubSpot List.PNG

To identify these types of contacts and not send them one-to-one sales emails, customize your contact sidebar and include the lead status. Anytime you open such contact and check the lead status, you will know whether or not they should receive the sales email you're about to send.

HubSPot view.PNG

Let me know if this helps!

Bukunmi (Matt) Odetayo

Discuss Your Hubspot Needs

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

TiphaineCuisset
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Kartik_sharma 

Thank you for reaching out!

You can do that on a contact level or via an opt-out list import. You'll still be able to send a sales/individual email to that person but the systems will ask you a legal basis so it'll be easier to recognize this is probably a opted out contact. 

This will however unsubscribe them to all marketing emails.

Another thing I could think of would be to pin a note in the contact record to quickly see if this is a person you can send a sales email too, or use Lists with a custom property.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Kartik_sharma

SOLVE

Hi Tiphaine, 

Thank you for your reply. However, I'm looking at it from a different perspective. Let's say we have X accounts that are already our clients. So what I want is to restrict that specific domain from being able to receive any sales email at all (mainly when they get enrolled in a sequence). Is there a way to do that? We are a team of 5 SDR's and it gets difficult to keep a track of the existing clients and sometimes we end up sending a sales email to a newly created contact who might be an existing customer. 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@Kartik_sharma you could also create a workflow when a contact is created and the company is known to change the lead status automatically.

For example, you can run all new leads through the workflow as the trigger. Then you could use a company property like "associated deals" or a custom property to create an if/then branch that would update their lead status automatically to reflect that they are an existing customer vs a new lead.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Kartik_sharma 

Thank you for your reply - for sales emails except the suggestions I gave in my last reply I cannot see something else .. but I want to tag some of our experts here to see if they have any thoughts - @NicoleSengers @BukunmiOdetayo @Jnix284 @jolle can you think of anything for @Kartik_sharma on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes