How to add an existing user to my team

vetsincusa

Hello HubSpot Community!

So, I have a weird question. Do any of you know if there's a way to add an existing user to a sales team? By this, I mean a user that has a hubspot account, but that isn't a user I created. My reason for asking is the Vice President of our company had looked through HubSpot before we got our company up and running. Once that happened, we created our sales team and moved forward. However, now he would like to join our sales team so that he can make sales when time allows, but I can't seem to add him to our sales team. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, in the event that there isn't a way to add an existing user to my team, how does one go about deleting a hubspot account? Since he didn't make any contacts or company profiles on his account. I could also see about deleting the existing account and then creating a user at some point thereafter. 

Thank you all for your time and help! 

Best Regards,

Megan Jeffreys

0 Upvotes
15 Replies 15
Josh
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

Hi @vetsincusa,

I am happy to help you out here if I can. Can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing, or if it's easier we can hop on a screenshare. Just let me know what you prefer.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

0 Upvotes
nklop

Was there ever a resolution to this, as I'm having the same problem?

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

@nklop what is your end goal? Are you looking to add a new user to your portal? If you can provide more information it will help other users understand where you are getting stuck. 

Thanks, 

Jenny

King_T
Participant

Looks like the end goal is to add an existing user (i.e. someone that already has created a portal and assigned their company email address to it) to the 'official' company portal. I have the same issue - someone already has created a portal and assigned their company email address to it, I tried to create them as a user but the email address has already been used.  HS; "

Hello, neighbor

This user's name is already in our system because they've had a HubSpot-associated account at some point in the past. If their information needs updating, they can change it themselves in their Profile and Preferences."  

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

@King_T and @nklop if this is the case, it should not impede the user's ability to be a user in your portal. You can be a user in multiple portals with one email address. 

HubSpot is just giving you that message to notify that the user is already recognized as being in a portal, but you should be able to continue on with the process of adding them as a user. If this isn't the case, please specify where exactly you are getting stuck in the process of adding the user. If you can share screenshots that will help other users see exactly what the issue is. 

Thanks, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
King_T
Participant

Yep, cheers, have worked it out.  The message infers that the user has to complete the process, but it's actually referring to another, totally unrelated process (user maintenence, not new user set up). 

Thanks for responding, very encouraging to a noob!   Chur. 

0 Upvotes
bgodsy

I need to add someone to my portal who created an account previous to me creating our portal. When I try to create user in my portal, it says the name (email) already exists. When I try to create a team and add him, it only recognizes names in my portal. There have been several questions about this but the solution does not seem to be available in the responses.

0 Upvotes
bgodsy

Sorry - I was able to resolve this.

0 Upvotes
grg25

Hi, I am experiencing the problem listed above!  Can you help me please?  I have set up our contacts on the Hubspot CRM and I am trying to add a user.  He registered with Hubspot a few months ago to have a look round it.  

I keep getting this error message

This user's name is already in our system because they've had a HubSpot-associated account at some point in the past. If their information needs updating, they can change it themselves in their Profile and Preferences.

zombie

Hello

I have the same issue. I am the super user and my colleagues have created their own accounts earlier (without my invite). I have invited them but I do not see their deals, contacts etc .

It does show up in the settings invite as pending invite.

This is a simple case but no resolution so far.

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @zombie,

Can you please share the email addresses of the users, as well as the portal ID for your portal?  

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
zombie

Hi Jenny- thanks . woudl you like me to post these details here or would a private message be sufficient?

Thanks

Nitin 

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @zombie,

You can direct message me the information

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Joey_Herts

Similar issues. I've set up an account for a coaching group. Have invited 2 colleagues who co-host. One has been fine and can see emails etc. The other one gets an email and it just takes him to his HubSpot account but no further, and I get a message saying his invitation is pending. He can see the three of us listed on his account but told he can't access emails (he's a superadmin so he can). Any advise on how to resolve this?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @Joey_Herts 

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Would you mind asking your colleague to clear their cache following those steps, as well as trying with another browser and with an incognito window? 

If this is still happening, could you clarify what steps exactly they're taking and where exactly you're getting stuck? Could you send us a screenshots of what they are seeing? Do they have an error message when they try to access emails? If so, can we get a screenshot of that too? The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide the better we can assist!

Thank you

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !