Account & Settings

EdK

How do I set this up for a sales team?

SOLVE

Hi, I am a new user.  Our company has a sales@mycompany domain address. How do I set this up for a team of 3 sales people? I cannot find any examples.

- How do I set up each team member? Do I have to connect to the personal inbox of each person?

- Do they all have to register on Hubspot?

- If they use Gmail integration, do they still need to connect their inboxes?

- Do I have to forward the mails from sales@mycompany to each of the team members' email boxes?

- How can I set up a central dashboard so every sales person can see all e-mails coming in from sales@mycompany?

- Where can I find examples of how to set this up?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @EdK,

Are you using a free account?  If so, you might need to upgrade to get the functionality that you're looking for here.  To see which channels you have connected, head over to Settings > Conversations > Inbox:

Image 2020-06-29 at 10.57.27 AM.png

If you go there it should show which channels (email, slack, FB messenger) are connected.  There shouldn't be a need to create a new account.

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Bryantworks

SOLVE

Hey @EdK, this sounds like you need to setup a team inbox within HubSpot.  This is done via the conversations tool. 

As for the other items:

- Do they all have to register on Hubspot?
Yes

- If they use Gmail integration, do they still need to connect their inboxes?
No, if they're meant to use the sales@company.com domain

- Do I have to forward the mails from sales@mycompany to each of the team members' email boxes?
No, if you're wanting them to use the team inbox they can see all of the emails coming to that address

- How can I set up a central dashboard so every sales person can see all e-mails coming in from sales@mycompany?
This is handled with the Conversations tool

Hope this helps!

0 Upvotes
EdK

SOLVE

Hi

Thanks but this does not help.

When I go to Conversations and want to add a mailbox the system wants me to upgrade? Also, there is already a Mailbox which the system created. It looks like a team mailbox because when I click on it, I can select Everyone or specific users. What is this for?

The system does not show what the address is of this mailbox which it created? Where do I see that? As I opened the account with my personal e-mail would that be the e-mail address of the Inbox? How do I disconnect/close my account for my personal email?

Should I rather close the account and open a new separate account for the Team?

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @EdK,

Are you using a free account?  If so, you might need to upgrade to get the functionality that you're looking for here.  To see which channels you have connected, head over to Settings > Conversations > Inbox:

Image 2020-06-29 at 10.57.27 AM.png

If you go there it should show which channels (email, slack, FB messenger) are connected.  There shouldn't be a need to create a new account.

EdK

SOLVE

Hi

A team e-mail is included in the free version. So it is not necessary to add another one. All I am trying to do is to set this up. Can some who knows how to do this please assist.

I opened the account in my personal name and it looks like it should be in the name of the team. How do I fix that? How do I close my personal account?  I added the team e-mail and then tried to fix this by removing the super admin from the personal e-mail. But the system removed the super admin from BOTH accounts to now I cannot do anything as the system tells me I am not authorized.

It is rather poor that the system allows you to lock your own account by removing authorization. So now NONE of the users have any super user rights and I cannot make any changes.

How do I close/delete these accounts now?

0 Upvotes
EdK1

SOLVE

I managed to get the user rights restored. I then set up the extenal sales@company mailbox to forward mail to mycompany.inbox@hubspot. I can see the mail coming in but it comes in as from sales@mycompany.  I cannot reply to these mails (as I will be replying to sales@mycompany and not the client who sent it) and I cannot find a way add a TO address to my reponses so I can send the reponse to the client.

When I assign the mails to some of the team members, nothing happens. In Gmail, trackng is enabled but nothing shows up on Hubspot.

So far, we have been unable to get this working, despite contacting support, watching videos and reading through documents.

I will give it another day and then press DELETE

0 Upvotes
EdK1

SOLVE

We had to pull the plug.  We wanted to use the shared sales team e-mail function but this is not working. The e-mails coming into the mailbox is forwarded from sales@mycompany. The system handles this as if sales@mycompany is a client. And the response address is then sales@mycompany so we are responding to ourselves.

We had to pull the plug.

0 Upvotes