Account & Settings

feedle6
Participant

How do I manage multiple email accounts on one HubSpot Sales extension?

SOLVE

Hi

I am running 2 different businesses

and I wanted to use Humspot free CRM with both;

I created 2 different Hubspot accounts;

both account emails (fede@biz1.com  and  fede@biz2.com)

are with the same mail client(Gmail).

I installed the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension;

do you have suggestion to not mess things up?

can I select in wich CRM I want to log conversation?

I can see Switch account under the "Log in CRM" tab  

but didn't figure out how to make it work best

Thanks a lot for your help 

Federico

1 Accepted solution
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @feedle6,

When using different email addresses and different HubSpot portals, we recommend setting up separate Google Chrome profiles for each instance.  It is certainly possible to keep it all in one Chrome profile, but because of cookies, caching and saved logins, it usually causes more trouble than just having different Chrome user profiles. Here is some information about Chrome profiles.  You would have to install the Hubspot Sales Extension on both profiles and connect your inbox on both profiles, but once you do it should be pretty easy to keep each instance separate from each other.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions about this information.

Thanks,

Brett

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
15 Replies 15
edubuc1

SOLVE

Hi,

I manage 3 different hubspot accounts with google works using Shift (https://tryshift.com/) with chrome extension. Nothing get melted down.

0 Upvotes
aran

SOLVE

I cannot figure out how to attach each of my two email addresses (different domains) to different hubspot accounts in SHIFT.

0 Upvotes
Kelly_and_Lou

SOLVE

I didn't see an answer to this question. Was one published?

0 Upvotes
edubuc1

SOLVE
Hi,

I replied : "Hi,
I manage 3 different hubspot accounts with google works using Shift (https://tryshift.com/) with chrome extension. Nothing get melted down."
0 Upvotes
danonmaui

SOLVE

nope. that does not work.

0 Upvotes
BrettLanguirand
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hello @feedle6,

When using different email addresses and different HubSpot portals, we recommend setting up separate Google Chrome profiles for each instance.  It is certainly possible to keep it all in one Chrome profile, but because of cookies, caching and saved logins, it usually causes more trouble than just having different Chrome user profiles. Here is some information about Chrome profiles.  You would have to install the Hubspot Sales Extension on both profiles and connect your inbox on both profiles, but once you do it should be pretty easy to keep each instance separate from each other.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions about this information.

Thanks,

Brett

0 Upvotes
multipleemailac

SOLVE

Hey Brett,

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I've looked everywhere and can't find a better answer to my situation... 

I have 10+ email inboxes and would like to manage all messages (and messaging, both inbound and outbound) as well as all contacts from one dashboard / login. 

Is this possible? 

Best,
Dan

MegAU
Participant

SOLVE

did you find a result for this?  I'm wishing to use multiple email addresses (different businesses) to connect with one CRM 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MegAU,

While you can connect multiple email addresses to HubSpot, all email communication associated with the contact will be held in one contact record. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @multipleemailac,

The only tool that offers a central location for incoming emails is the conversations tool.

If you have sales or service hub professional or enterprise, you can connect multiple inboxes to the tool. For more information regarding this, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
lorenzol

SOLVE

Did you figure it out? I have two companies, with unique domains and emails. I hope to be able to toggle between two hubspot accounts. I use Outloook 365 for email.

jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @lorenzol,

The ability to toggle between accounts within one email inbox is not currently possible. If you would like to see this implemented in the future, I would recommend upvoting this idea on the ideas forum.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
lorenzol

SOLVE

Actually, it is. It's just clunky. I can't load a picture or video on this thing, but if you'll email me directly, I'll share. In the little Hubspot flyout there is an option to change the target hubspot. The problem is you have to then close that email and open another for it to take effect.

0 Upvotes
Infinity

SOLVE

HI Brett, i was reading your reply and I would like to ask you to clarify, as I have a similar issue.

I am using 3 accounts, all paid

they are each connected, or attempted to connect to 3 different employees gmail accounts.

2 employees left within 2 weeks and I  am left to temporarily handle replies in several gmail boxes, each box has a specific meaning:   one is marketing replies, one is supplier replies and one is ongoing clients replies.   All these ongoing conversations need to be updated in each related hubspot, or IDEALLY if I am signed in with one HS and I swtich gmail accts to handle mails, the conversation should be updated in HP CRM

All in all, I am spending hours switching between gmail accts , signing in and out HS and overall, I assume there is a better way.   BTW, even before employees left, they had such issues, where the gmail boxes do NOT stay connected.  Please let me know in case you can help, I am willing to hire you to fix this. thanks a lot Anna

seanbennick

SOLVE

Thanks for this, I was just running into this issue.

0 Upvotes