Account & Settings

niweadmissions
Participant

How do I change the default email on my account?

SOLVE

Hello,

I am trying to change my default email to 2 different emails. Is this possible?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @niweadmissions  At this time, it is not possible to change the email address on your user account. The email address is how HubSpot owners are linked to their contacts; changing the email address would cause that to fail.

If you want to change an email address, you'll need to create a new user with that address (you can add an alias also), then transfer ownership of affected contacts to the new user. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @niweadmissions  At this time, it is not possible to change the email address on your user account. The email address is how HubSpot owners are linked to their contacts; changing the email address would cause that to fail.

If you want to change an email address, you'll need to create a new user with that address (you can add an alias also), then transfer ownership of affected contacts to the new user. 

Ed

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
bruny
Participant

SOLVE

Ed, As a SuperAdmin with various certifications. How would it work if i create a new user, and transfer ownership of contacts, plus keep certifications?

any ideas?

bryce

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @bruny To transfer Academy certifications to a new user, start by adding the new user to your portal. Find out how here. Once the new user is added and activated, follow the instructions here

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page and check out the upcoming AMA with Deb Calvert.

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @bruny  I'm assuming you are creating a new user for yourself. Transfering contact ownership and certifications are two different tasks, but both easily accomplished. For indexing and search purposes I'm going to break these two tasks in to seperate posts. 

Follow these steps change or transfer ownership of contacts (some people also refer to this as register contacts to a new owner) :

- Add and activate your new user name and email address before deleting your old user name and email address. Find out how here.

- Create a new standard workflow 

- For enrollment cirteria use Contact Property > HubSpot Owner  > is any of and select your current user email address. Click Done and Save.

- Click Add Action the select Set contact property value.

transfer3.png

- Under Contact Property click Select a contact property. Search and select HubSpot Owner.

transfer2.png

- Under New property value click Select property value and choose your new owner address from the drop down. Click Save.

transfer.png

Once you activate the workflow, all contacts owned by your original user will be transferred to the new user. If you have forms or other processes out in the wild that assign your previous address, you can simply leave the workflow active and any new contact assinged to your old adress will be enrolled.  

Please let me know if you have any quesitons.

Ed 

INBOUND 2017 is just around the corner. Find out more at inbound.com or check out the post on the main Community page and check out the upcoming AMA with Deb Calvert.

0 Upvotes
niweadmissions
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for your help, Ed. Have a great day! 🙂

0 Upvotes