Account & Settings

nicolebrenner
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

How do I change my email address once I have my account set up?

SOLVE

2 Accepted solutions
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

This is a very common question!

Because User profiles are unique based on their email addresses (similarly to how HubSpot deduplicates contacts based on their email addresses), it is not possible to change the email address of an existing user.

However, you can easily add a new user with the new email address, transfer ownership of contacts from the old to the new user, and then delete the old user. This article gives a detailed, step-by-step walkthrough of this process

If you have connected your inbox to the CRM, you will also want to connect your new email address under Settings > Gmail and Outlook; you can follow the instructions in this article to do so

Once these short steps have been accomplished, you should be all set!

View solution in original post

JohnHones
Solution

SOLVE

Is this post still relevant? I have just changed my default email in HubSpot following this article as guidance:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-of-a-user

View solution in original post

25 Replies 25
JohnHones
Solution

SOLVE

Is this post still relevant? I have just changed my default email in HubSpot following this article as guidance:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-of-a-user

ourpride

SOLVE

I want to simply change my primary email address on the account?  How do I do this?

sylvannas

SOLVE

I recently signed up for hubspot. However I made an error in typing my email address

Sylvannas.berkeleycc.opman@gmail.co instead of sylvannas.berkeleycc.opman@gmail.com making it difficult to recieve notifications for members of my team.

Can you let me know what are my options please.

Thank you 

maura_e_moran

SOLVE

Hi May,

I am changing jobs at the end of this week and would like to transfer my certifications to my personal email address.

The type of Hubspot account I had is no longer available, so I created a new account using Marketing Free, as it says to do here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Marketing-Product-Support/Change-email-address-on-my-account/m-p/49...

However, on my new account, I have not been able to figure out how to transfer my certifications. I have searched discussions in the Hubspot Community forum but have not found any directions on how to do so. Can you help me?

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @maura_e_moran, so you had actually created a new thread instead of replying to this one - I just noticed this and merged your thread with this one, so I apologize for the delayed response. 

If you still need a certification transfer, please send me a PM with the two email addresses and I will go ahead and do this for you!

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

This is a very common question!

Because User profiles are unique based on their email addresses (similarly to how HubSpot deduplicates contacts based on their email addresses), it is not possible to change the email address of an existing user.

However, you can easily add a new user with the new email address, transfer ownership of contacts from the old to the new user, and then delete the old user. This article gives a detailed, step-by-step walkthrough of this process

If you have connected your inbox to the CRM, you will also want to connect your new email address under Settings > Gmail and Outlook; you can follow the instructions in this article to do so

Once these short steps have been accomplished, you should be all set!

Zaheer
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

I have tried to change the email id by following your instruction, even though i have created a super admin but the other super admin which i created, it  doesnt have the contacts of sales dashboard. i.e. if i log in using the new super admin email id, it doesnt have contacts of sales crm and contacts of sales crm exists only with old super admin.

please guide.

0 Upvotes
TESTsson

SOLVE

Hi!  May I get help with this as well?

0 Upvotes
Irenee

SOLVE

Hello,

I have made a typing error when I first set up my account.

I can not get the confirmation mail becouase of this.

I typed: irene@sailingwithiene.com

instead of: irene@sailingwithirene.com

in the first the R in withiRene is missing.

What to do now?

Thanks for your reply.

Irene 🙂

0 Upvotes
Bricin

SOLVE

How would one go about getting this fixed/addressed from the engineering team? Swapping out addresses is possible on most other systems today - the likelihood you keep the same email address through org changes, acquisitions, etc. is pretty small.

The workaround suggested below is fairly time-consuming.

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@Bricin this explanation is not a workaround - the HubSpot software depends upon unique email addresses in order to identify users accross multiple portals, to assign owners to contacts, to connect users' inboxes, and many other functionalities. User emails are heavily used in many parts of the HubSpot tool, which is why simply changing a user's email address is not a viable solution at this time. That being said, if you have a strong use case for the benefit of this functionality, and can include examples of other softwares similar to HubSpot that have this option available, you can certainly post a suggestion on our ideas forum here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/idb-p/HubSpot_Ideas

0 Upvotes
slblake

SOLVE

I used a company email address for my account originally and have retired that email. I need to transfer the certification to my personal email. How do I do this? The steps show options I do not have when signed in. 

MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @slblake, so sorry for the delayed response, I missed your comment. If you PM me your old and your new address, I can transfer your certification to the correct user email. Let me know! -May

0 Upvotes
VirginiaB1
Participant

SOLVE

Can you transfer badges as well?

0 Upvotes
HelenFirebrand
Participant

SOLVE

Hey, my email domain is expiring so I have added my new one as a super admin. Now I'd like my HS certs transferred over if possible?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @HelenFirebrand,

You can tranfser your certifications by following the steps outlined here.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
sarahgiroulx

SOLVE

I did the same thing, only in reverse.  I linked the account, when first signing up, to my personal email address, but it needs to be linked to my company email address.  Is there any way to change this now?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @sarahgiroulx,

If you are using a free CRM account you will need to create a new user in order to get that email address access to your portal.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes

SOLVE

Hi @MayPascaud

Hope all is well. 

I am actually having the same problem. I used a company email address for my account originally and have retired that email. I need to transfer the certification to my new email. How do I do this? The steps show options I do not have when signed in. 

If I give you my old and my new address, would it be possible to transfer my certification to the email address I am using ? 

Thanks for your help. 

JM 

0 Upvotes
MayPascaud
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

@2204247 certainly, please send me a PM with the old and new addresses and I will do this for you!