Account & Settings

TMorrell

How do I automate adding 2 Bcc email addresses each time?

SOLVE

I use 2 different Hubspot accounts for different companies I work with. However I want to add the Bcc email for both accounts each time. It currently always defaults to the original Hubspot account and I can manually add the Bcc for the other account, but is there a way to have this automated?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @TMorrell,

Thank you for the additional context! In full transparency this is a setup that is difficult to fully automate. It's not something our tools on their own can achieve right now.

Having said that there is a good plugin provided by a third party (Ablebits) that allows you to define rules that will allow you to send BCC to certain emails. This might be worth exploring:

Do you think that might be an option!? 

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @TMorrell,

I wonder if this could be achieved using a chrome extension like Gmelius (assuming your on gmail). I found this useful article if it helps at all: 

I hope it helps in some way! Be interested to see what others have to add 🙂 

Best,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
TMorrell

SOLVE

Hi Jack - I really appreciate your speedy reply on this. Unfortunately I am not using gmail. I am using Outlook Office 365 as I have a number of email addresses. I want to use 2 different Hubspot accounts and be able to choose where I'm saving the contact. The only workaround I can see is by manually copying and pasting the bcc account email. This is not ideal as you can imagine. Currently every email defaults to Styku's account but I have other contacts that need to drop into React Fitness' new free account and are nothing to do with Styku. It appears that you cannot choose which account you want to use from the Hubspot extension - it's is connected to Styku regardless of whether I'm logged into React's CRM. Your colleague Owen was super helpful and said you were the clever person at Hubspot who could help 🙂

0 Upvotes
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @TMorrell,

Thank you for the additional context! In full transparency this is a setup that is difficult to fully automate. It's not something our tools on their own can achieve right now.

Having said that there is a good plugin provided by a third party (Ablebits) that allows you to define rules that will allow you to send BCC to certain emails. This might be worth exploring:

Do you think that might be an option!? 

Regards,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
TMorrell

SOLVE

Hi Jack! Guess what - I think you may have found a workaround!! I've downloaded a free 30 day version of Ablebits and have been testing the Add-in. Firstly of all I didn't think the rule was working with the 2 x Bcc emails but when I actually sent the email, it notified me that the 2nd email addresss was Bcc'd. Will keep testing to ensure no issues arise. Thank you again!

jackcoldrick
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @TMorrell,

Thanks for the response.

Thats great news 🙂 I'm really glad to hear that it's helped to solve the issues.

Best,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Add me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes