Account & Settings

bianca2
Participant

How can I hide users from other users?

SOLVE

My users are not supposed to see the names of other users in our Hubspot company account. As admin I already denied them the rights for the section "Admin" by clicking on "Settings" - "Users&Teams". However. these users still see all other users when going to "Settings" - "Users&Teams" themselves.

This seems off to me. Is this a bug or have I missed a box when setting their access rights?  

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bianca2 

Update: HubSpot has now added 'Access User Table' as an option in the User and Teams settings. Thanks to @Flora for updating us.

It's not possible to hide users from other users in the settings page. If you think this would be valuable to add, please suggest it over in the ideas forum

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Flora
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

SOLVE

Hello,

We have recently added this as a new permission as "User table access". Turning this off will preent users from seeing the user table in settings.

PBass
Participant

SOLVE

Been a problem for years, when are they going to address this?

0 Upvotes
WebMechanix-CB
Participant | Diamond Partner
Participant | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Echoing that this is a NEED. If we are expected to put entire sales teams into Hubspot, or freelancers that do social media posting, or interns that are learning the system, we need to be able to control their access to systems, users, and settings. Agreeing with @bianca2 that this is a privacy concern. 

How do we escalate this request?

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @WebMechanix-CB 

The best way for you to show your interest for this is to upvote the Idea that Bianca2 mentioned here. You can also Follow the Idea to get all the updates, and leave a comment to the post. The Ideas Forum is the main platform for communicating feature requests to our Product Team. You have more info on how this forum works here

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@bianca2 both previous comments are spot on.  Since factually speaking, users can see each other in certain places, I feel like this is not your issue.

What is your end goal?

for example, I may not want users to see each other's customers.

I am sure you already have these as you referenced making the changes- 

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/hubspot-user-roles-guide

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/settings/edit-a-users-permissions

I have multiple Hub Ids that use my same email but the other users can not see the portal they are not part of.  I means I need to toggle back and forth. Would this help?

0 Upvotes
bianca2
Participant

SOLVE

As a matter of fact, the only thing I want to do is hide some members of our sales team for privacy reasons. 

That they are not able to see each others clients/deals has been taken care of already. 

Apparently, we are not the ones who need this function: a suggestion for this has already been made: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Restrict-some-users-from-seeing-others/idc-p/263749#M... 

Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @bianca2 

Update: HubSpot has now added 'Access User Table' as an option in the User and Teams settings. Thanks to @Flora for updating us.

It's not possible to hide users from other users in the settings page. If you think this would be valuable to add, please suggest it over in the ideas forum

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
MFrankJohnson
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Ok @bianca2 ...
Just like there's "no crying in baseball', there's 'no hiding users in HubSpot'. In fact, the HubSpot Learning Center link in your portal not only shows names, but shows all of the HubSpot certifications to all users for all users as well.

No hiding from us. haha 🙂

#nlmtt, #nlmtu

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com