Account & Settings

pricetl
Mitglied

How can I change / edit a user's email?

lösung

I made a mistake when I typed in my email address! I am trying to use my acct but that's a big problem and I can't find a solution. I would just make a new account but my company URL is the account. Any ideas on what I can do?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
jennysowyrda
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @Seyed,

You are correct. This functionality has been updated and you can now change users' email addresses. 

As you referenced, this article includes instructions for how to make this change.

Thank you,
Jenny

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
6 Antworten
roisinkirby
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

lösung

Hey @pricetl, thanks for the question!

Users are unique by email address, so it is not currently possible to edit an existing user's email address. A new user must be added to your account to change an email address. You will also want to transfer any records they owned to the "new" user. Read how to make these changes here.

kenshvetz
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

That doesn't make any sense.  Even if email acts as a unique ID, you should still be able to change it as admin  during or after creation, and prior to password/email verification, without asking each user change it from their end--which is impossible to do if you're setting up a new account and make a typo, OR when connecting a HS Sandbox to a SF sandbox.  SF sandboxes set all users with inactive/"fake" emails appended with .invalid by default, and to properly configure your HS Sandbox to connect to your SF Sandbox, you need to be able to create emails in the form of "username@yourdomain.com.invalid" (most of these users will never login and you will never set their email to a real email; but HS has to match SF).  I've tried deleting HS users and recreating them with .invalid emails to match SF, but it seems HS just fails with "There was a problem creating your user(s). Please refresh the page and try again", EVEN if you check "Do not send an email invite when this user is added to HubSpot".

How are admins supposed to setup a HS Sandbox and connect it to our SF Sandbox if we can't even create matching users or change their emails to match our other sandbox(es)???

0 Upvotes
Seyed
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@roisinkirby It seems this has already been solved now yes? I see a user can go into ther profile and change their own email address. Correct me if I'm wrong please. Thanks.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/how-do-i-change-the-email-address-of-a-user

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @Seyed,

You are correct. This functionality has been updated and you can now change users' email addresses. 

As you referenced, this article includes instructions for how to make this change.

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
kenshvetz
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

This is NOT solved and should not be marked as such.  You can only your OWN user account and not another user's as the OP asks, which is basic admin functionality. Please add this feature and change to future release/not solved status, as this is a huge HS product gap for admins.

PaulineG
Mitglied

lösung

I made a mistake in my email address and this solution is sooo long and complicated... Why?

My email address couldn't be verified as it was wrong. You should include a feature in your program to fix this kind of issues without headache. Thanks a lot for reading this.