Account & Settings

danwarfield

Have to keep logging in over and over

I am a paid user, Windows 10, Outlook, Firefox. I don't want Chrome on my computer, which may be the problem?

Every time I start windows I get a relentless popup wanting me to log in to Hubspot. Checking the remember-me box does nothing.

Most times that I start outlook I have the same problem,.

I am connected on Outlook and Teams to three different exchange accounts - my own and two clients. This may be part of the problem

Am fed up enough with this and a couple of otehr issues to be actively looking for a hubspot replacement. Does anyone care?

The other two issues are:

• automatically adding incoming emails to Hubspot, which is supplemented by a maxed-out blocking list. I'm sure this is all driven by greed, as it ratchets up my contacts count and thus the bill.
  • using email address as the index - failure of elementary datanbase design principles. I want a database about contacts, not about email addresses.,

I am not google-centric: I use gmail for non-business and don't have or want Chrome. Does this mean I shouldn't bother with Hubspot? Or can you actually support someone with my configuration?

19 Replies 19
JMasar

I spoke with Hubspot and it seems as though its a Microsoft Outlook issue, they no longer want to support hubspot. they advise logging in on chrome, but as i enjoy using the app and the one thing i need my crm to do is auto log my emails, i am on the hunt for a new CRM platform that syncs better with outlook. if anyone has any suggestions please let me know! 

MBygrave
Participant

It's March 2024 and the same thing is happening with me.

1. Every time I open Hubspot in Chrome it asks me to log in. The Remember Me checkbox doesn't appear to do anything.

2. I have the Hubspot for Outlook (desktop) plugin, and every morning when I launch Outlook Hubspot asks me to log in. Then it asks me to choose the Hubspot accoutn to work with (even though I only have one). Remember me doesn't work. The internet options trusted zone workaround that Hubspot tells you to do worked for a couple of days, but now I'm back to logging in every time.

Seems like all this is a completely unnecessary frustration. 

Ron1
Participant

Same issue on all our company computers. Internet options set as outlined in Hubspot help. There were so many issues with Hubspot platform and locking different features behind multiple paywalls, that we cancelled our subscription. Now run our sales through project management software and the team are happier and we have more flexibility in our business. Using Hubspot free to share contacts only, but even this is annoying because of this login issue.

jbogdany
Participant

Wow. Here it is 2024 and the problem is still an issue that I continue to have to deal with every single day. Hubspot has **bleep**ty customer support and never a resolution. Have a great day!

KMaganti
Participant

It's the same thing here. Guess it not gonna change forever.

klin
Participant

At the risk of being told to start a new thread, but I am also having this issue, using Hubspot on multiple devices, when starting Outlook

SVaz

I'm having the same issue and it's extremely annoying. How come this is plaguing customers for over two years and nothing's happening?

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @SVaz, since this conversation it's old, I would recommend to please create a new post with more details on your specific case. This way we can investigate more.

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

MHayward9

Hi Pam. 

Myself and my team are all getting this issue on Mac Outlook. It log us out ALL THE TIME. 

Please can you fix this, it is clear many many people face the same issue. 

Max 

TPhilpott
Participant

I'm not giving you screenshots, etc. for a problem that has been around for years and hasn't been addressed. What's the screenshot supposed to be of anyway? The log in screen from Hubspot? 

KMaganti
Participant

Pam, I use Google Workspace, I am running into same problem too everyday I have to login to HubSpot if I forget I am lost, by the time I realize its logged out I already miss so much of the info.

mikebrown
Contributor

It's not Svaz's specific case, it's happening to multiple people and we are getting no response, I have a ticket in for it and no response.  Thousands of dollars a month and this rubbish is still not working properly.

It's happening to all of our users on different computers, it's happening both in the office and at home on different internet providers, none of the fixes above work. 

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @mikebrown I would like to apologize for the frustrations, data issues, and business impact this has caused. As you mentioned to have a ticket open  I would recommend continuing to work with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, including hopping on a screen share if necessary so you can provide a HAR and specific details on your case.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JLewisLP

For those still running into this, this seems to have fixed it for me: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/why-do-i-have-to-log-in-to-hubspot-sales-every-time-i-o... 

MFagerberg
Participant

Still, as of today the problem is not selved...

DNeibert

It would seem this issue continues to plague Hubspot clients almost 2 years later......

LClement

I have the same problem. Hubspot is logged in on Outlook and Chrome, and it keeps popping up (no matter how often I log in) on Windows.

0 Upvotes
MickyOZ
Participant

Hi There,

I have a similar problem and had it for the past year, its quite frustrating. Logged it a few times with support but cant fix it.

Just seeing if anyone has a work around.

My problem is that I keep having to log in every time, I use the Outlook Add In- so not office 365, the desktop outlook add in.

I use Chrome as my browser.

Tried all the trouble shooting steps on line, in installed and re-installed it a number of times but still keeps asking me for my log in details and when I tick the remember me box it doesn't work.

Just seeing if anyone has a fix for this problem. Have checked about 4 times that for Internet Options are all set correctly- and they sure are.

THanks in advance for your help Hubspot users

0 Upvotes
natsumimori
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @danwarfield ,

Thank you for reaching out to the HubSpot Community.

Are you using the Windows Tray app? If yes, could you try the following troubleshooting steps?

1. Clearing cache and cookies in Firefox
  2. (If your situation doesn't get better) Uninstalling the tray app and re-installing

If this doesn't work or if you're not using the tray app, I'd recommend reaching out to the HubSpot Customer Support since the issue might be very spefic to your environment and will need closer look. When you reaching out to them, it is recommended to prepare a video recording/gif to describe the behaviour you're experiencing and a debug logs, so that the support rep can investigate the issue smoothly!