Account & Settings

JoseGarcia99
Participante

Gmail account just connected created 100000 conversations from old emails

Hi,

Im desperate.

After I connected a Gmail account my shared inbox started to create more than 100000 conversations based on the old emails at email account.

It only created some of them, not all the 400000 emails at the account. 

I closed these conversations by hand, 100 each time, it's crazy.

The main problem is the date of the emails, the Hubspot app created the emails with recent date. The emails have many years old. It downloaded emails from 2017, 2018, 2019... but created them with 2 or 3 days old.

I attach a random example screenshots:

This is how you see the conversation (or email at contact) at Hubspot:

This is how you see it at Gmail:

These are the original email headers.

The email account was migrated to Google Workspace. Hubspot uses the received date to gmailapi.google.com, but not the original received date.

I contacted support asking for help deleting all these conversations, or fixing the date Bug. Unfortunately, it is not easy reach a support engineer.

The main problem is that the support lady does not have the technical knowledge to understand the problem. At last email (4th received), she has suggested again that I delete the conversations, 100 at a time, because she only sees that I have 300 or 400 conversations open.

I searched the community but I did not found any place to post bugs. So I'm posting here so that other users are warned and be careful when connecting a Google Workspace account, migrated from another server, to a channel.

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
JoseGarcia99
Participante

Hello Diana,

Thanks for your reply.

I closed ticket, but assigned agent opened it again.

Did you removed the attached screenshots? I hide all the personal information and those screenshots only gave context to reproduce de Bug.

Other users would experience the same problem if they do not know how to avoid it.

I shared the Bug to community because the assigned support agent do not understand the problem, I spent all this week trying to get in touch with an engineer to explain him the Bug, with no success. Im not going to spend more time at ticket.

0 Me gusta
DianaGomez
Administrador de la comunidad

Hi @JoseGarcia99.

All conversations in the community must be actioned, that's why my colleague Kristen had to delete the screenshot you shared that still contained sensitive data, and we always have to do this in order to protect user information considering that the Community is a public space and everyone has access.

On the other hand, I also actioned the conversation by reporting the status of this behavior, although it was just a suggestion on your part, we can't have conversations without replies.

I hope this clarifies why we have to remove the screenshot and my message.

Regards,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

DianaGomez

Hi @JoseGarcia99, thank you for letting us know about this behavior. 

I can see the ticket with support stills open and the internal team is working to find a response for you. 

Please continue the conversation with them, the team is actively investigating this behavior and how to fix it.

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Me gusta