Account & Settings

RValentine9
Participant

Format Calculation Property Outputs

SOLVE
I need help figuring out how to format the output of a calculated property.

We have a calculation deal property called "NRI" that needs to go out 8 decimals (0.00000000). Currently, it only calculates out to four decimals and then rounds.

This is a big problem for us as those four decimals equate to massive differences when splitting up a Well's revenue. Think of NRI as the coefficient representing your slice of the pie.

Calculation: NRI = Interest * Lease Royalty

Ex:
  • Our "Interest" is 0.002356
  • The "Lease Royalty" is .625
  • Correct "NRI" output = .00147250
  • Current "NRI" output = .0015

It would also be great to edit how a number property is formatted versus the HubSpot default format.

Any fixes or workarounds are appreciated.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RValentine9,

There is an open request to the product team about more options for rounding here: Calculated Fields Rounding (Allow calculated properties to display a whole number)

It's currently being reviewed and while you're trying to achieve the exact opposite (less rounding) you and the op both want more control over how the number is being rounded. I'd recommend commenting and adding your perspective to the thread.

I'm not aware of any native workarounds.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
TMitchell7
Participant

SOLVE

I also need to format calculated properties... the millisecond default when calculating time between 2 dates (which I actually like) leaves quite a few decimals after I convert to weeks in my case. 4.12453 weeks for example is not very user friendly, but at least it accurate, although too accurate in this case. 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @RValentine9,

There is an open request to the product team about more options for rounding here: Calculated Fields Rounding (Allow calculated properties to display a whole number)

It's currently being reviewed and while you're trying to achieve the exact opposite (less rounding) you and the op both want more control over how the number is being rounded. I'd recommend commenting and adding your perspective to the thread.

I'm not aware of any native workarounds.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

RValentine9
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Karsten!

0 Upvotes