Account & Settings

JPetrovics
Participant

Expose association label creation as a configurable permission for non SuperAdmin roles

SOLVE

I would be mind-blown if someone hasn't already created a post about this. Right now, as far as I can tell, the fairly basic action of creating an association label is a feature that is only exposed to Super Admins. That is a massive security concern. In order for our users to use this feature, we now have to give them complete and unfettered access to our Hubspot account? We (as I'd imagine most security-concious organizations do) heavily restrict access to the SuperAdmin role due to the dangerous actions that can be performed with that role and don't even allow our Hubspot Administrator to have SuperAdmin access by-default (She has nearly every other permission besides user management, bulk data export access, and a few other potentially hazardous actions). Historically Hubspot's granular permissions have been really solid and allow for least-privilege principles to be applied, but this is a big outlier that (IMHO) needs to be fixed ASAP.  Please expose association label creation as a configurable permission for other roles besides the SuperAdmin role. 

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Expose association label creation as a configurable permission for non SuperAdmin roles

SOLVE

Hi @JPetrovics,

The best place for these kinds of suggestions is the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team evaluates requests based on their popularity.

They might already be working on this – but no harm in giving them a nudge.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
InterLinkAlly
Participant

SOLVE

I assumed all users could edit association labels that are already created in the system, but that doesn't appear to be the case. What permissions need to be activated to allow this -- namely, Contact > Company associations? I can't fathom that this can't be done, so it must be user-error. Thanks!

0 Upvotes
JPetrovics
Participant

SOLVE

😯. I am so sorry. Believe it or not, that was my intent, but I somehow accidentally posted in the community. I will re-post as an idea. Thank you!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JPetrovics,

The best place for these kinds of suggestions is the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team evaluates requests based on their popularity.

They might already be working on this – but no harm in giving them a nudge.

Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.