Account & Settings

arichichi
Miembro

Exporting Contacts

resolver

Hey there, 

I need to export every contact from an industry. i.e. a spreadsheet of every email I have in the hospitality industry. 

But, when I export "companies" by "industry" the CSV file does not include the contact name or information. 

Any thoughts//solutions?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
jennysowyrda
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

Exporting Contacts

resolver

Hi @arichichi,

The easiest way to do this would be through workflows (which are only included in certain paid HubSpot subscriptions) as you could copy the company industry property to the contact industry property. You could then export the contacts and have the industry there.

If you don't have workflows, then while you can edit contact properties in bulk, it might be more difficult to break down the contacts by company industry and reassign them those values. You could filter by Company Domain, and then reassign the contact property for industry for each contact in the company as a starting point. 

Either way getting the industry value associated with the contacts so that you can then export the contacts would be my recommended next step.

Thanks,
Jenny

Thanks,
Jenny

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
3 Respuestas 3
jennysowyrda

Exporting Contacts

resolver

Hey @arichichi,

Are you trying to export the company records or the contact records? 

If you are exporting the contact record and the industry is included in the columns of the export, it should show.

If you're experiencing something different can you please provide screenshots of what you are seeing? 

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Me gusta
arichichi
Miembro

Exporting Contacts

resolver

Hi @jennysowyrda

Thanks for the note back! To reiterate, I want to export all the venture capitalists from the companies that fall under the  "Venture Capital and Private Equity" industry category. I need to email all the VC's that I've been corresponding with for the past few months. 

If I export a list of "companies" from my dashboard, it does not include the individual contacts or their information. It only includes things like the URL, general phone number, and address of the VC firms. I need the individual VC's. 

If I export a list of "contacts" from my dashboard, it will not let me sort by predetermined list of industries (Venture Capital and Private Equity). 

Any ideas? Thank you again!

AJ 

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda
Solución

Exporting Contacts

resolver

Hi @arichichi,

The easiest way to do this would be through workflows (which are only included in certain paid HubSpot subscriptions) as you could copy the company industry property to the contact industry property. You could then export the contacts and have the industry there.

If you don't have workflows, then while you can edit contact properties in bulk, it might be more difficult to break down the contacts by company industry and reassign them those values. You could filter by Company Domain, and then reassign the contact property for industry for each contact in the company as a starting point. 

Either way getting the industry value associated with the contacts so that you can then export the contacts would be my recommended next step.

Thanks,
Jenny

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Me gusta