Export multiple email addresses

Hiougue
Participant

Now it is possible to have multiple email addresses for a single contact (this is great!!!), only the primary seem to be exported. Is there a way to overcome this?

17 Replies 17
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Hiougue 

Exporting the seconday email address is not possible at this time. It is on the roadmap for future upgrade of the tool however. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Hiougue
Participant

Thank you for the reponse. Any idea on the timeframe ?

Hugo

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @Hiougue None at this time. Can you add this as a post to our ideas forum? If so, please add some context as to how this would benifit you and your use-case. Our engineeers take these comments in to consideration when plannign and building features through new builds. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
uvajustine
Participant

Hi Ed -

Has there been any update on this? We need the ability to export both email addresses to match up what is happening in Hubspot and on the Magento side of our business. If someone changes their email in Hubspot, we need to change their Magento email as well (and need both emails to export in order to do this).

Thanks for your help!

-Justine

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

HI. @uvajustine   As of now there is no roadmap to include secondary emails as part of the export. Can you add this as a post to our ideas forum for further comment? When creating the ideas forum post, please add the following context:

WHO is the feature for?

WHAT product/tool does it improve?

What is the GOAL?

Where is the ROADBLOCK?

How would this add VALUE?

Thnk you,

Ed Justen

nathanpizazz

Hi there!  

We want to be able to scrub some of our mailing lists, but there is no way to get the 2nd email from the email field out of hubspot for data scrubbing purposes.  Please help, is there ANYWAY to achieve this? 

Thanks!

openspaceranger
Participant

Unfortunately, the only way right now is to use Hubspot's API HubSpot APIs | Getting started

If you're not a developer or you don't have access to one, you're in a tough spot.

0 Upvotes
ValidGlint145
Participant

Has this been completed yet?

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager

Hi @ValidGlint145 

Thank you for reaching out. 

You can indeed do that by following the steps explained above in the thread from @ Herschel by checking the Export all emails from selected contacts box in the export window

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Herschel
Top Contributor

For what it's worth here is the relevant Hubspot Idea post: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Merged-Secondary-Emails-Don-t-Appear-in-Export-Files/...

Supposedly "in planning" as of 1/31/2019...

Herschel
Top Contributor

@openspaceranger @Hiougue this feature has been released - you can now include secondary email addresses in exports:

Export All Emails.JPG

PamCotton
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing @Herschel !

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
openspaceranger
Participant

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but this isn't working for me. I'm still only seeing a single email per contact.

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager

Hello @openspaceranger 

Could you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing on your end? 

The more information, screenshots, and details you can provide, the better I can advise on the next steps.

Thank you!

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

0 Upvotes
openspaceranger
Participant

Here's how I exported the data.

hubspotScreenshot 2020-12-07 135853.png

Once I got the notification, I opened up the Excel file and I did an character count on the email field, and sorted by longest value. I only got single email values. 

I've started another export right now to do a sanity check.

0 Upvotes
Herschel
Top Contributor

@openspaceranger if you check the "Export all emails" button, the export file will include the column "Additional email addresses" with all the secondary emails for the contacts at the end in the right most column after all the other data.

openspaceranger
Participant

Ah, I thought it the email field would have delimited values. Thanks Herschel!