Account & Settings

PowerHour11

Emails to my personal email not forwarding to HubSpot

I connected 4 email addresses to my HubSpot account. Two are personal to my eyes only and the other 2 are shared  team email addresses. Both of the team and one of the personal emails are IMAP email addresses hosted by BlueHost along with my company's domain name. The 4th is a free outlook address connected for the outlook calandar.

I would like to have the emails sent to the IMAP addresses to be logged in HubSpot on the sender's contact card. If the person who sent the email isn't already a contact, I would like HubSpot to create a new contact and log the email to that contact's Activity and or Emails. I know this is possible from the documentation i read here.

I First i connected an Outlook personal email, an IMAP email I plan to use for personal 1-on-1 emails, an IMAP team email for sales, and an IMAP team email for support  to my HubSpot account.

PowerHour11_0-1615505230089.png

Next i copied my HubSpot Forward Address to my clip board

PowerHour11_0-1615496377406.png

Third, I went to my BlueHost account and created the forwarders to coincide with the 3 IMAP emails I connected in HubSpot. For safe measure I pasted the forwarding addresses to make sure I got it right. 

PowerHour11_2-1615496810939.png

Finaly I confirmed that the test sender (my girlfriend's Gmail) is not on my Never Log List.

PowerHour11_3-1615496983010.png

To test it all out I got her iPad and used her Gmail to send an email to the team email for sales. I immediately saw a new conversation in Conversations for a newly created contact. Since that worked exactly like it should I deleted the contact and tried the team email for support. Again a new conversation from a new contact; everything worked flawlessly. I deleted the contact again and sent a third test email to my personal IMAP email from her Gmail.

I immediately got the Outlook notification just like I did with the team emails, and just like the team emails I could see the emails on the server, there is absolutely nothing in HubSpot. I just don't understand why the 2 team IMAP email addresses are working perfectly but not the personal IMAP. I haven't tried the outlook one as again I don't care about that one and should probably disconnect the email connection to it. That was the address I used as my HubSpot user but when I read in the knowledge base that the user's email address had to be connected to log, I changed it accordingly. Now my user log in and connected email address are the same. 

HELP!!!

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
JGale
Participant

Upon further testing I discovered that if i opened the email in Outlook and forwarded it to the the forwarder myself it worked perfectly. My host is saying that all emails are going out and nown are bouncing and error logs show no errors. Also I will point out that i went into one of my other hubspot accounts and set it up the same way and it worked perfectly. This has me stumped.

0 Upvotes
JGale
Participant

I am the origianalposter. i don't know why its now posting under a differnt namee

0 Upvotes