Account & Settings

BrianM
Participant

Email will not connect, inbox is empty

SOLVE

Hi there,

I reached out to hubspot but the chat ended for some reason... Idk why. I can't seem to connect my email to one of my hubspot accounts. In fact some of the customers emails go to the wrong hubspot account and I don't know how to fix this. I really would like an easy way to resolve issues. More times than not, I leave feeling frustrated and like my problems never get resolved with anyone's help. I feel completely on my own here. Where is the support?

Please help me set up my email accounts.

Regards,

Brian

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
BrianM
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Pam,

Looks like setting up the fallback forwarding address has resolved the issue. For anyone else who encounters this issue, I went to:

inbox > inbox settings > channel > edit hubspot fallback email > then copied that forwarding address into my outlook.

I really wish I had found an article or an agent that directed me to look at the fallback option because I received different advice over time and was left with this problem for months.

Thanks for responding to me and trying to help. I'm happy I figured this out.

Regards,

Brian

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BrianM 

If you currently have multiple HubSpot accounts, you will need to ensure your email extension is connected in the correct HubID  (account) that you would like the email to be logged.

For example, the email extension Gmail/ Outlook would only be able to log to one portal at a time automatically so in order to connect to another account you will need to go in the extension and disconnect the other account and connect the account you wish the email to be logged and tracked. 

Also will include a helpful article in how to manager ( In HubSpot ) multiple accounts :

I hope this helps.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
BrianM
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Pam,

Thanks for responding. I read through the article but I couldn't find how to make sure each account is linked to the correct email address. For each account, I've gone to inbox settings and sure enough each account is linked to a separate address. I'm not sure what I'm missing, do you have any thoughts? What information or screenshots can I provide to help diagnose the problem I'm experiencing.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Brian

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BrianM 

Are the emails connected as a shared inbox in HubSpot or personal inbox? 

If it's a shared account, my suggestion is to disconnect and reconnect again following the steps here.

Could you provide some examples of what is happening? When is the email associated

to the wrong account? When you send the email from HubSpot or outside HubSpot?

As I mentioned previously the HubSpot email extension would only be able to log to one portal at a time automatically so in order to connect to another account you will need to go in the extension and disconnect the other account and connect the account you wish the email to be logged and tracked, so you will need to ensure the account you are sending the email is the right HUBID you wish to log.

Let me know how that works.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
BrianM
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Pam,

Could you tell me how I select one of the accounts to be the main one? I have been fiddling around with deleting and reconnecting the emails but I just don't understand it. Currently, all emails are directed into a secondary inbox on hubspot. The other two accounts don't receive emails, or if they do, they are duplicates. It's very strange and I don't have the technical knowledge to troubleshoot this. Is this due to a paywall??? I would like the simplest fix for this. 

Attachment one shows my main inbox with two emails in it. No idea why. I did get one in there yesterday so something I did made a change, however, customer emails are still going into the wrong inbox. I can much more easily access this stuff in my Outlook (way easier). I downloaded the outlook extension but that didn't work. Apparently it's something on Outlook's end??? I really don't know. It seems there is no solution to this.apic1.PNGemails here are in the wrong inboxemails here are in the wrong inbox

0 Upvotes
BrianM
Participant

SOLVE

Just to add, I did disconnect the email from the secondary account but it is still receiving emails. And when I tried to connect what I want to be the main account, it doesn't seem to be implementing the change. Overall what happens is I will see emails in my Outlook, perfectly separated, no problems whatsoever. Hubspot is a different animal, needing extreme care and supervision because it just refuses to behave. It puts things in the wrong inbox, repeatedly. This means when I reply to customers I have to find the email in Outlook, copy the email address and then reply to it in Hubspot. This means the customer's email message isn't included in my response but I want to do it this way so that the email signature is included. Sorry if this is confusing, I have been throwing everything at this problem not knowing what is going on. Again I have tried disconnecting the other account emails but from my view the forwarding function is just not working properly in Hubspot. I even pinned the account I want to be the main one and still this problem persists.

0 Upvotes
BrianM
Participant

SOLVE

Hi again Pam,

I think I found the problem. It had to do with the fallback email. Instead of connecting the email, there is another section below that offers a different forwarding address if one fills out that info. Why that is the case idk. Time will tell if this helped. I will keep you posted.

Brian

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BrianM  I was just about to message you with the steps to edit the forwarding email that could be that the reason why your emails are going into the incorrect portal.

Also if there is not a paid subscription in your account, you can only create one inbox per account. So if a user connect 2 inboxes in one portal, all the emails will be combined into one inbox in conversations.

Let us know how it goes now that you changed the forwarding address. 

Thank you for the update.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Upvotes
BrianM
Solution
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Pam,

Looks like setting up the fallback forwarding address has resolved the issue. For anyone else who encounters this issue, I went to:

inbox > inbox settings > channel > edit hubspot fallback email > then copied that forwarding address into my outlook.

I really wish I had found an article or an agent that directed me to look at the fallback option because I received different advice over time and was left with this problem for months.

Thanks for responding to me and trying to help. I'm happy I figured this out.

Regards,

Brian