Account & Settings

KG22
Teilnehmer/-in

Email keeps disconnecting - Cannot send emails

lösung

I've been using Hubspot for months with no issue but this morning I noticed I couldn't send any emails as my account had been disconnected. I followed the instructions to reconnect and it worked for a few mins but quickly disconnected again.

I asked my email provider if there were any issues, and they have said no issues on their end (ionos).

After speaking to HubSpot support via instant chat they suggested I clear cookies/cache which I did and also tried to log in via incognito. Still would not work and I got these error messages:

"Unable to create inbox for this user" and "Could not submit settings. Please try again."

Support also asked if I'm using the same email for user and inbox (which I am) and said that usually, this needs to be different. It's been working this way for months so not sure what has changed, but I've updated it so that the email for my user account is different to the email I use to contact customers. Still not working.

Edit: I am also set as a super admin on the account too

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance 🙂

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
MiaSrebrnjak
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @WeiZhu and @KG22, I'm glad that you were able to reconnect the email!

If you are still experiencing problems with the email connection:

After a thorough investigation, our team believes that this issue was caused by a change IONOS recently made. This change appears to be impacting IONOS users outside of HubSpot as well, here is an example from a user forum and an incident report by IONOS. 

The team has reached out to IONOS directly and we are encouraging HubSpot customers to reach out to IONOS support as well via your IONOS or 1and1 account to report the issue. Here is a soundbite that you can use in your outreach to IONOS to give them context on the error and help their investigation:

“As of January 25, 2022 our IMAP/SMTP connection broke in third party tools that we were previously able to connect to without issue. When attempting to connect we are seeing a
BYE out-of-sync data before server greeting error on all IMAP and SMTP ports listed here: https://www.ionos.com/help/email/general-topics/settings-for-your-email-programs-imap-pop3/ - Please investigate and address so we can reconnect via IMAP/SMTP”

While we are waiting for a response from IONOS, our team has tried to find alternative solutions - one of the reconnection attempts was successful: they were able to connect to an inbox with the IMAP port set to 143 and the SMTP port set to 587. We recommend to test those settings to try to reconnect your inboxes. Admin users can also set portal-wide settings for their email domains that override these ports for all users.

Thank you!

We will update this thread as soon as we have new information. Thank you for your patience.

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

44 Antworten
EN4
Mitglied

lösung

I'm. experiencing the same thing now - just with SendGrid. 
Tried clearing cache/cookies everything + other ports, but no luck. It works fine in other applications like mail.app, outlook and so on.

0 Upvotes
SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Thanks! I'm in and reconnected now. Glad to have it sorted

Scarlet7
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Normal service has resumed & its Friday!!!

MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Thank you for the update @SarahCowan and @Scarlet7! I'm glad your inbox connection is up and running again.

Happy Friday! 🙂

Mia

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @WeiZhu and @KG22, I'm glad that you were able to reconnect the email!

If you are still experiencing problems with the email connection:

After a thorough investigation, our team believes that this issue was caused by a change IONOS recently made. This change appears to be impacting IONOS users outside of HubSpot as well, here is an example from a user forum and an incident report by IONOS. 

The team has reached out to IONOS directly and we are encouraging HubSpot customers to reach out to IONOS support as well via your IONOS or 1and1 account to report the issue. Here is a soundbite that you can use in your outreach to IONOS to give them context on the error and help their investigation:

“As of January 25, 2022 our IMAP/SMTP connection broke in third party tools that we were previously able to connect to without issue. When attempting to connect we are seeing a
BYE out-of-sync data before server greeting error on all IMAP and SMTP ports listed here: https://www.ionos.com/help/email/general-topics/settings-for-your-email-programs-imap-pop3/ - Please investigate and address so we can reconnect via IMAP/SMTP”

While we are waiting for a response from IONOS, our team has tried to find alternative solutions - one of the reconnection attempts was successful: they were able to connect to an inbox with the IMAP port set to 143 and the SMTP port set to 587. We recommend to test those settings to try to reconnect your inboxes. Admin users can also set portal-wide settings for their email domains that override these ports for all users.

Thank you!

We will update this thread as soon as we have new information. Thank you for your patience.

Mia, Community Team 

Unmannedexpert
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks Mia! Mine already reconnected but with normal imap and smtp settings. 

MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Thank you for the update @Unmannedexpert!

Happy Friday! 🙂

Mia 

0 Upvotes
WeiZhu
Mitglied

lösung

I can now reconnect my email, you guys may also try again, good luck

KG22
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Thanks WeiZhu, I've been able to reconnect too! Hopefully, it sticks this time 🙂

MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi, 

thank you everyone for updating this thread!

We want to assure you that our technical team is actively investigating this issue and we will update this thread as soon as we have new information. In the meantime, please also report the issue to support@ionos.com.

Thank you for your patience!

Mia, Community Team 

0 Upvotes
SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

UPDATE:

Ok so I've just had an interesting incident report from Ionos.

https://www.ionos-status.co.uk/incidents/l60xthkpb249

Maybe I will stand corrected on this occasion. Maybe it is an Ionos problem? 😮

0 Upvotes
JHarris8
Mitglied

lösung

We are with ionos. I have had problems setting up email accounts on new computers over past few days in regular email clients. Managed in the end but it was very hit and miss and I had to keep trying. Then one by one our hubspot connections died. I am thinking there is a security issue. Maybe ionos have tightened security settings?

SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Interesting. All of my ionos mail accounts are fine everywhere. Just with Hubspot I'm having an issue (so far). Hopefully it will all be resolved soon.

0 Upvotes
WeiZhu
Mitglied

lösung

same issue, hoping for a solution!!

0 Upvotes
SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hubspot said they fixed the bug and sent instructions. I followed their instructions to reconnect, but it didn't work for me. Anyone else have any joy? This is no good at all.

0 Upvotes
WeiZhu
Mitglied

lösung

can you share the instructions, i can also try and see if it works 

0 Upvotes
SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi

Here you go. Good luck 🙂

Thank you for your patience while I looked into this. Yesterday, there were multiple people who were experiencing the same issue. After doing some investigating, I can confirm that this bug has been fixed.
Moving forward, can you:
-Clear cookies and cache
-Disconnect from your wifi and reconnect
-Try to connect on a different browser

0 Upvotes
Unmannedexpert
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

So problem is with our cache, our browser or our wifi? When it is clearly a problem in the connection on their side to the ionos servers? What a joke.  I don't know what the investigation was but they didn't fix a thing.  Tried their "fix" and I got the same "Could not submit settings. Please try again." Error... 

Scarlet7
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

This must be affecting many more users than here on the message forum, IONOS is a large provider?

0 Upvotes
KG22
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Same, still getting "Error - Could not submit settings. Please try again."

0 Upvotes