Account & Settings

KG22
Teilnehmer/-in

Email keeps disconnecting - Cannot send emails

lösung

I've been using Hubspot for months with no issue but this morning I noticed I couldn't send any emails as my account had been disconnected. I followed the instructions to reconnect and it worked for a few mins but quickly disconnected again.

I asked my email provider if there were any issues, and they have said no issues on their end (ionos).

After speaking to HubSpot support via instant chat they suggested I clear cookies/cache which I did and also tried to log in via incognito. Still would not work and I got these error messages:

"Unable to create inbox for this user" and "Could not submit settings. Please try again."

Support also asked if I'm using the same email for user and inbox (which I am) and said that usually, this needs to be different. It's been working this way for months so not sure what has changed, but I've updated it so that the email for my user account is different to the email I use to contact customers. Still not working.

Edit: I am also set as a super admin on the account too

Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance 🙂

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
MiaSrebrnjak
Lösung
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @WeiZhu and @KG22, I'm glad that you were able to reconnect the email!

If you are still experiencing problems with the email connection:

After a thorough investigation, our team believes that this issue was caused by a change IONOS recently made. This change appears to be impacting IONOS users outside of HubSpot as well, here is an example from a user forum and an incident report by IONOS. 

The team has reached out to IONOS directly and we are encouraging HubSpot customers to reach out to IONOS support as well via your IONOS or 1and1 account to report the issue. Here is a soundbite that you can use in your outreach to IONOS to give them context on the error and help their investigation:

“As of January 25, 2022 our IMAP/SMTP connection broke in third party tools that we were previously able to connect to without issue. When attempting to connect we are seeing a
BYE out-of-sync data before server greeting error on all IMAP and SMTP ports listed here: https://www.ionos.com/help/email/general-topics/settings-for-your-email-programs-imap-pop3/ - Please investigate and address so we can reconnect via IMAP/SMTP”

While we are waiting for a response from IONOS, our team has tried to find alternative solutions - one of the reconnection attempts was successful: they were able to connect to an inbox with the IMAP port set to 143 and the SMTP port set to 587. We recommend to test those settings to try to reconnect your inboxes. Admin users can also set portal-wide settings for their email domains that override these ports for all users.

Thank you!

We will update this thread as soon as we have new information. Thank you for your patience.

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

44 Antworten
WeiZhu
Mitglied

lösung
thanks!👍
0 Upvotes
TCollette
Mitglied

lösung
I also got the email, it also didn’t work! Very disappointing
0 Upvotes
Scarlet7
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Sarah,

Had an email overnight from Hubspot  telling me I needed to reconnect my email, I thought this was prompt after they had fixed the issue, tried to re-connect again this morning with the same settings that had been fine up to a few days agao and still no joy! same message as before

Error

Could not submit settings. Please try again!

0 Upvotes
Unmannedexpert
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Same with me. No fix for the problem yet.... 

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @KG22@Scarlet7@TCollette, and @SarahCowan,

thank you for reaching out to the Community! Our Support team is already looking into reports of our Connected Inbox customers using Ionos who are encountering errors when trying to connect to the Ionos Server. While our team is investigating the cause of this issue, we would also like to ask you to report the issue to support@ionos.com. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your understanding!

Mia, Community Team 

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

KG22
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Was just talking to Ionos support there and they said "looking through the email set up you have im unable to identify anything that would inhibit connections to other platforms as long as the connection is done correctly" and that nothing has changed on their end.

0 Upvotes
Scarlet7
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

So is this an issue with IONOS or Hubspot

Answers on a post card please!

SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

I would have said Hubspot, but ionos currently have this status which leans me towards them now to be honest (Not sure what would be causing it though) - https://www.ionos-status.co.uk/

0 Upvotes
SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi Mia

Thanks for your response. I cannot see how this is a problem on Ionos end. I use the exact mail settings for all my mailboxes and the only issue I'm having a problem with is Hubspot. They are working perfectly everwhere else.

Thanks

Sarah

0 Upvotes
Unmannedexpert
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Same error for me and also with ionos email config. Last week it was working as a charm and today it's disconnected and unable to connect. 

Looking at this post for solutions (hopefully) 

0 Upvotes
Scarlet7
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Morning,

Have tried again to add my email to Hubspot, but still no luck! has anybosdy else been succesful?

0 Upvotes
KG22
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Still no luck for me Scarlet7! Here's hoping someone will be able to fix it today.

0 Upvotes
Scarlet7
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Fingers crossed not much longer as this seems to be affecting a number users, hopefully Hubspot are aware and looking into addressing the issue!

0 Upvotes
TCollette
Mitglied

lösung

Hi all, we have used and been extremely happy with HubSpot until today, cannot send emails to any of our contacts, we have three email accounts registered and active but today they all say disconnected and we can't rectify. Been on HubSpot help for three hours, they have not offered a solution nor explanation.

0 Upvotes
Scarlet7
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I wander if this is an issue just effecting the free version! I pressume it would be the same method to add an email account if you paid monthly!

0 Upvotes
SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Yeah. It's the same. We're on a paid version.

0 Upvotes
Scarlet7
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi 

Thought I was going mad, same issue here logged on this morning as usual, went to send an email and the message read 'disconncted' then tried to reconnect with exactly the same settings as before and....

Error

Could not submit settings. Please try again

Spoke with support and they wanted to see the screen shots with the errors which I sent and asked me to check with my provider, as above ionos, my email is woking fine just will not connect with Hubspot!!!

Was working fine up to today as I beleive it was for everyone else!

SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Yeah. Been working fine until today. We've been using the system with these email addresses and settings for years now. Something has happened on Hubspots end I think.

0 Upvotes
SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Also dealing with this problem here. I have emailed Hubspot support about it, but heard nothing back. Coincidentally, I'm also with ionos, but everything is fine with the mailbox.

0 Upvotes
KG22
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi Sarah, that's good to know! I looked on the ionos status monitor earlier before contacting their support and noticed they completed "E-mail archiving maintenance" last night (https://www.ionos-status.co.uk/).

They assured me that this wouldn't have caused an issue but I have a sneaking suspicion that could be it?

0 Upvotes
SarahCowan
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hi

The mail settings haven't changed at all though, so I wouldn't expect it is anything to do with their archiving. I also have ionos mailboxes on so many pcs with the same settings that Hubspot use and I have no issue with any of them. It appears to be a Hubspot issue from what I can see. Hopefully they get to the bottom of it. I now have 4 users with disconnected mailboxes. 😞

0 Upvotes