Account & Settings

OleWibom

Email attachments does not appear in CRM

Hi,

I've started using Hubspot and it seems to work very good and has the functionalities needed. However, I'm using outlook to send mails to customers and then I put the hubspot BCC.

The text in the email is send to Hubspot - but if I add attachments they are NOT included in the mail saved in Hubspot. This is really a problem for me as I send many attachments such as quotes etc. to customer - and of cause these should be sored in Hubspot as well.

Please help me.

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
TSaromines

Hi,

Any updates on this? I'm experiencing the same issue. The files are very small (not exceeding 100kb) and are all PDFs. Additionally, our "Allow all users to log email attachments" checkbox is already turned on. I'm using the HubSpot Chrome extension and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, but nothing seems to work.

Best,

Trisha

0 Upvotes
BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TSaromines,

Thank you for asking the Community and sorry for the delay in the response.

I'd like to ask some clarifying questions to understand what's happening:

1. Are these sales email or marketing emails?
2. Are other users experiencing the same behavior?
3. Are all type of attachments not present or only some type of files?
4. How do you attach the file on the email?
5. How are you sending the email? Via a contact record on HubSpot? Via a shared conversation inbox on HubSpot? Via your personal Gmail account?
6. Have you tried from another browser or another device? Is it the same?

The more info, screenshots (without sensitive/confidential information), and details you can provide, the better the Community can assist.

I'd like to invite a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @beeginman, @Shadab_Khan and @Alex_Elborn do you have suggestions to help @TSaromines, please?

Also, if anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thanks a lot and have a wonderful day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
KMcLeod9

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem, when I send an email to hubspot to show up in the activity section the attachment doesnt show up.

Kmc

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @KMcLeod9  hope you are doing well! Since this is an old thread, I encourage you to create a new conversation, this way more users will be able to see it. Please make sure to add context, screenshots, and all the details you can.

Best,
Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

Hi @OleWibom.,

Are you still experiencing this behaviour?

Usually, attachments should be logged in the CRM with the email.

Is it possible that the attachments extend the file size of 10 MB. In that case, HubSpot won't be able to log them.

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
OleWibom

Hi Jess,

thanks for your reply.

Hubspot does not show any attachment no matter the size. Today I have a meeting with a consultant (not Hubspot), who hopefully can assist me. My company is using a local hosted mail server (not office 365, g-mail, etc.), so this may be the issue 🙂

Best

Ole