Account & Settings

CDuffy2

Email addresses attributed to wrong prospect

SOLVE

Hello! I recently created a form which is used by our SDR team to submit contacts to our database, and I get an email notification every time a new prospect’s details have been added. However, I have just noticed that the email addresses of several different prospects are now saved under another prospect's name - i.e. instead of creating a new contact each time details are submitted via the form, email addresses of various prospects are saved under one prospect’s name. Why is this happening and how do I unpick it?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CDuffy2 

This is most likley being caused by the cookies on the browser where the form is being submitted. You will need to switch on the option to Always create contact for new email address

You can find more details about that option here: Customize your form options 

Hopr this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @CDuffy2 

This is most likley being caused by the cookies on the browser where the form is being submitted. You will need to switch on the option to Always create contact for new email address

You can find more details about that option here: Customize your form options 

Hopr this helps.

CDuffy2

SOLVE

Hi Phil, thanks so much for your response. I've switched on the option so hopefully going forward contact details will be saved under the correct contact. However, I was wondering, is the possibility of this happening flagged anywhere? Because if it's not it's a pretty big oversight... it looks like it's going to take a massive amount of work to untangle.

Sort of related (as I'm looking for a solution to the problem of all this unpicking of contacts!), do you know if there is a template Excel sheet for bulk lead import and if there are any settings that I need to select before bulk import?

Thanks again for your help!

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @CDuffy2 

I think that the primary use of HubSpot forms is for website conversions where cookie-based pre-population of fields is considered a powerful feature of HubSpot, and repeated entry of the same form over and over (at the same IP) is more of an edge case. 

I think HubSpot tries to flag this in the form options:

Forms-HubSpot.png

But it does take some reading around the subject to fully understand the nuances. 

While using the same form over and over is a sound strategy at a live event, I'd encourage organisation to get sales reps to add leads to the CRM using a customised new contact form as per: Customize the create record form for each object 

Hope this helps.