Email Signatures

SOLVE
randibrammeier

My boss wants me to create email signatures that would work for all users on our account. I am set up as a Super Admin, am I able to do so? How do I do this? Thanks!

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @randibrammeier

At the moment, HubSpot CRM users can only create their own email signature, much the same Office 365 users can. The only way to apply a global standard is to create it centrally and have everyone apply it locally. 

This may change when HubSpot introduces the Sales Professional platform, but I haven't heard about this specific aspect. 

The situation is similar in the marketing tool. Only a user themselves can create their signature for automatic insertion in personalised emails. Email templates can have a signature that you update when creating the email, however. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

Hi @randibrammeier

At the moment, HubSpot CRM users can only create their own email signature, much the same Office 365 users can. The only way to apply a global standard is to create it centrally and have everyone apply it locally. 

This may change when HubSpot introduces the Sales Professional platform, but I haven't heard about this specific aspect. 

The situation is similar in the marketing tool. Only a user themselves can create their signature for automatic insertion in personalised emails. Email templates can have a signature that you update when creating the email, however. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies

View solution in original post

Arne
Top Contributor
That’s not a solution at all. Forcing business users to play around with html... which is required since the entire formatting (fonts, cuts, sizes, colors etc.) are only possible in the html option.

Also, signatures have MUST HAVE components that the enterprise has to add to outbound emails. If some are missing due to lack of control the enterprise can be held liable for that.

What’s required is a central management option for all enterprise mandatory information and the option to work with the required sender tokens for personalization.

To achieve such personalization and standardization the preferences part should ve centrally controlled and extended with additional fields such as job title, cell phone, business address of the employee ...

An outbound email in which the sender can add eg a wrong title can be quite dangerous since the external party can - and with all rights - claim that the sender has pretended to be in the right hierarchical position ....

Outbound signatures are elements of corporate communication thus need to be controlled centrally.
Sharayah
Participant

Agreed! I love the ability to design the signature with a HubSpot tool, but it is a cumbersome task to create one for all of my employees. We have specific brand elements that require formatting beyond a plug and play set up. 

Would like to see this built out further & able to function across all accounts linked to HubSpot. 

Arne
Top Contributor
That’s not a solution at all. Forcing business users to play around with html... which is required since the entire formatting (fonts, cuts, sizes, colors etc.) are only possible in the html option.

Also, signatures have MUST HAVE components that the enterprise has to add to outbound emails. If some are missing due to lack of control the enterprise can be held liable for that.

What’s required is a central management option for all enterprise mandatory information and the option to work with the required sender tokens for personalization.

To achieve such personalization and standardization the preferences part should ve centrally controlled and extended with additional fields such as job title, cell phone, business address of the employee ...

An outbound email in which the sender can add eg a wrong title can be quite dangerous since the external party can - and with all rights - claim that the sender has pretended to be in the right hierarchical position ....

Outbound signatures are elements of corporate communication thus need to be controlled centrally.
lk_dev

Yes you can manually log into each account as you make them and add a signature. Resource here: https://www.hubspot.com/email-signature-generator

I wouldn't reccomend going that route.  

I would check out the 2 links below. You can globally change all email footers in all HubSpot account in a few seconds if you set it up with a snippet. If I was to go back on setup on some of my large clients, I would have used one of these. 

OpenSense: https://www.opensense.com/

Sigstr: https://www.sigstr.com/

Hope that helps! 

Best,

Lindsey

rmitchell1
Contributor

Seems like there would be more activity on this issue since it originally went live in 2017. SalesHub Professional has been out for a long time, but no one seems to have addressed this issue since then. Definetely an upvote!