Editing existing team name

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm using the free CRM and need to change the name of the team. Instructions for editing team name originally posted in March 2018 - "If you are a Free, Starter, or Professional user, click the dropdown menu at the top left and select the team name. Click the Team actions dropdown menu and select Edit team, or click Remove team to remove the team from your account." - no longer work: the "Team actions" dropdown does not appear. What is the new procedure?

Rick

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Manager

Hi @RickW,

For the most up to date instructions, I wanted to share this resource. It looks like the steps you listed are the same. With that in mind, can you confirm with an admin in your portal to see if they are able to edit the team name? 

If you are still stuck after that, can you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing and the names of the users who have experienced this issue? 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for following up. I was indeed following the instructions at the link you sent, but they were not working. As I was working with Samantha on your help chat line, it suddenly started working again. Our best guess is that someone at HubSpot was working on the application back end and had temporarily inactivated the team edit function or taken it off line.

One day later, the team edit function still works as described in the directions. Technically speaking, the link you sent me did not solve my problem, so I can't mark it as a "solution". Nevertheless, I want to say that I truly appreciate your diligent follow-up. Although it cost me several hours trying to figure out the problem, the prompt, thoughtful attention I got from the support team helped offset the frustration.

Thanks!

Rick

0 Upvotes