Account & Settings

hcatorr

Editing contact profile

SOLVE

Hi,

I have a question about editing or updating my contact profile in HubSpot Sales.

I noticed after I had sent an email that the contact profile that's linked to my account (and that I assume my prospects are seeing) needs to be updated.

I'm not sure where the info is coming from, but it looks like the description under my profile photo is from an old Twitter description that I've since updated.

Also, it's the same with my company's description. It looks like an old meta description from my website. How can I update this information so my prospects can get an accurate representation of my profile.

Thanks so much for your help! 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Editing contact profile

SOLVE

Hi @hcatorr . Thanks for forwarding the screenshot. This information does not travel with the message, however, any recipient who might be using HubSpot within their own gmail or outlook clients (or other mail tracking software) could see this, as is it sourced from public social media posts and other accesible online media. There is not a way for you to currently edit or adjust what is seen on those profiles. 

You best bet here would be to make sure that your social profiles are up to date, and that you have consistently posted recently.  

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Editing contact profile

SOLVE

Hi @hcatorr I apologize as I'm not quite sure what you are refering to here. Can you forward a screenshot of your company and contact profiles that are showing outdated info?

If you have a contact within the database, or you've entered your company in the database, the info seen there is from HubSpot's propratary database of information gleaned from various socila media sites.  You can change the information in the contact records at your will, but this information isn't seen by any prospects when you send an email.

You can also change the photo associated with your account in your account settings, but again, this photo does not travel with messages sent from HubSpot. 

Please fprward a screenshot and I'll do my best to advise you further. 

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
hcatorr

Editing contact profile

SOLVE

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply! I'm new to HubSpot so I'm just trying to figure out how the contact info profiles work. I've attached a screenshot of my current contact profile that comes up:

Screen-Shot-Hubspot-contact.jpg

Under the description section is an outdated meta description from my website. There was also an old Twitter profile description under my name at the top before too, but it looks that has disappeared. 

I'm not sure if prospects are seeing this when they get an email from me. I was just wondering if there's a way for me to edit my info under this contact view so everyone I email can see what I want them to. Or does Hubspot just choose this info for you?

Thanks again! Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Editing contact profile

SOLVE

Hi @hcatorr . Thanks for forwarding the screenshot. This information does not travel with the message, however, any recipient who might be using HubSpot within their own gmail or outlook clients (or other mail tracking software) could see this, as is it sourced from public social media posts and other accesible online media. There is not a way for you to currently edit or adjust what is seen on those profiles. 

You best bet here would be to make sure that your social profiles are up to date, and that you have consistently posted recently.  

Ed 

0 Upvotes
hcatorr

Editing contact profile

SOLVE

Hi Ed,

Okay, thanks! I appreciate the helpful information.

After you update your social media profiles, I imagine it will take a few weeks for HubSpot to automatically adjust that info on your contact profile.

Thanks again. 🙂

0 Upvotes
edjusten
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Editing contact profile

SOLVE

I've seen it happen on a few days, but I've also seen it happen in a few weeks. 

Ed

0 Upvotes