Account & Settings

CGwilliam

Do mass contact owner assignments send notifications?

SOLVE

We have had some of our sales reps leave recently, and I need to reassign their contacts to a new rep. Our reps receive notifications when a new contact is assigned to them. Will they also receive hundreds of notifications if I mass reassign contacts to the new rep inside Hubspot? Or do I have to export the contacts, update the spreadsheet with the correct contact owner, then re-upload it into Hubspot? 

What is the easiest way to do this without triggering a million email notifications?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CGwilliam,

Contact ownership can be assigned in multiple ways, bulk editing is probably the easiest one. (Importing contacts wouldn't have any advantage over bulk editing in your case.)

When it comes to the notifications, this can unfortunately not be managed from your end. The user(s) you're planning to assign contacts to, should check and update their notification settings for the time of the re-assignment. Under Settings > Notifications > Contacts and companies, they can uncheck "Company assigned to you" and "Contact assigned to you". I'd recommend waiting a few minutes after that before assigning the new ownership as sometimes these settings can take a few minutes to take effect. For added "safety", I'd also uncheck the Email toggle at the very top.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CGwilliam,

Contact ownership can be assigned in multiple ways, bulk editing is probably the easiest one. (Importing contacts wouldn't have any advantage over bulk editing in your case.)

When it comes to the notifications, this can unfortunately not be managed from your end. The user(s) you're planning to assign contacts to, should check and update their notification settings for the time of the re-assignment. Under Settings > Notifications > Contacts and companies, they can uncheck "Company assigned to you" and "Contact assigned to you". I'd recommend waiting a few minutes after that before assigning the new ownership as sometimes these settings can take a few minutes to take effect. For added "safety", I'd also uncheck the Email toggle at the very top.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BODwyer3

SOLVE

I would like to send a notification to all of the internal individuals at my firm who are a contact owner of someone at an individual account to inform them of information at the account level.  is there a way to do that? 

0 Upvotes