Account & Settings

BLai
Participant

Disabled Automatic Association creating seems not working

SOLVE

Hello Team,

I am new to Hubspots and I found that we should have disabled 'Create and associate companies with contacts' option under Automation in companies setting long ago. But everytime we import contacts, the system is still creating association for them, sometimes creating two new companies even they are duplicate (Same domain, same url, same company name).

What I want to know is:

1. If we disable the 'Create and associate companies with contacts' option, should Hubspots creating new companies and association while importing contacts?  Are there other functions making these happen? 

2. Anyway to customize the logic of this option if we want to turn that on again? Like besides checking domain and url also checking the country etc.  

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BLai 

1.  To the best of my knowledge, if the setting is off it should be off - and HubSpot should not continue to automatically create new companies for any new contact, regardless of source (unless of course you are specifically importing multiple objects and their associations).  Have you already double checked that the setting isn't being turned on again by another admin? 
  2. My understanding is that this setting can not be customised or tailored (besides domain exclusion as you say). It is either on or off

If you turn the setting off and HubSpot continues to behave as if it is on, you may have a bug and I would suggest you contact HubSpot support, if you have access. 

If you are a free user and do not have access, I suggest you post screenshots here of the setting in the off position and test contact/company that are created and associated after it is turned off.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @BLai 

1.  To the best of my knowledge, if the setting is off it should be off - and HubSpot should not continue to automatically create new companies for any new contact, regardless of source (unless of course you are specifically importing multiple objects and their associations).  Have you already double checked that the setting isn't being turned on again by another admin? 
  2. My understanding is that this setting can not be customised or tailored (besides domain exclusion as you say). It is either on or off

If you turn the setting off and HubSpot continues to behave as if it is on, you may have a bug and I would suggest you contact HubSpot support, if you have access. 

If you are a free user and do not have access, I suggest you post screenshots here of the setting in the off position and test contact/company that are created and associated after it is turned off.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency