Account & Settings

MikevanBerkel
Participant

Disable email tracking for internal communication

SOLVE

Hi,

We as an organization use HubSpot and log and track all mails, but experience some issues with internal communication. Once an email contains a (hyper)link HubSpot will creates its own link (sidekickopen...etc.), in order to track the link I assume. The problem is that our security doesn't allow this altered (hyper)link and the receiver is therefore not able to open the link.

Is there an option to exclude our own company from the tracking option? 

We have already found a way to exclude the logging of the internal email traffic, but i cannot seem to find a way to disable the logging feature per organization. 

Thanks!

Mike

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MikevanBerkel,

At this stage, it's either all or nothing, unfortunately. The toggles for email tracking apply across the whole portal and can currently not be segmented or enabled for certain contacts only.

This is a very valid aks however and you could submit this request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team monitors these requests and evaluates them based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Matte1
Participant

SOLVE

I don't want to track internal emails, is there any way you could limit that by the IP used by the users for instance since my other colleagues that are in CC/BCC also use hubspot. Please!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Matte1,

Thanks for reaching out!

It's currently not possible to limit email tracking by IP address, however, you can prevent internal emails from being logged into HubSpot with the Never Log feature. Here's a help article that explains how to configure it. 

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MikevanBerkel,

At this stage, it's either all or nothing, unfortunately. The toggles for email tracking apply across the whole portal and can currently not be segmented or enabled for certain contacts only.

This is a very valid aks however and you could submit this request in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team monitors these requests and evaluates them based on popularity.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.