Account & Settings

EC2020
メンバー

Disable 2FA

解決

Hello,

We would like to disable 2FA, could you please help?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Disable 2FA

解決

Hi @EC2020,

You should be able to disable two-factor authentication by clicking the settings icon, followed by "Security" in the left sidebar menu. Under "Two-factor authentification", I can see "Remove Google Authentication" in my account.

If you've locked yourself out and your not the super admin, you can request a 2FA reset from a super admin in your portal.

If you are the super admin and have locked yourself out, you should navigate to the login screen and click "Lost your authentication device" on the login screen: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/two-factor-authentication-faq

You'll be redirected to a page where you can send an email to HubSpot. The HubSpot team will then ask you to fill out a form to verify your identity.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

元の投稿で解決策を見る

17件の返信
MGonzales2
参加者

Disable 2FA

解決

I am the Super Admin on a Marketing Pro account and the 2FA is very problematic for us. Our sales team uses a different CRM that niché industry specific. But in order for us to use Hubspot to its fullest capabilities I have created user accounts for all the sales team. The problem part is...I'm the one customizing setting up their account. But, with 2FA enforced I have to set it up to send a SMS to my phone. This means if I leave, the whole org is **bleep**. 2FA to their email isn't responsive enough because it times out too quickly (I've tried). And 2FA on an app isn't ideal since they ever actually use or log into Hubspot except once every 3 months when the Exchange Server requires them to change their password. 

I tried disabling 2FA but that was disastrous, because it defaulted the 2FA to their email, so I had to call all 15 reps around the USA to reset up the 2FA with SMS. 

There's gotta be another way. But what?

DevonG
投稿者

Disable 2FA

解決

I don't think HS had this use case in mind, of setting up users ahead of time. HS intends for each user to be setup by the users themselves.

The alternative would be to save the backup codes for each account created and share that with the user so they can reset 2FA after logging in.

TDelegate
メンバー

Disable 2FA

解決

We need to disable 2FA for all Users on our account. I am a Super User but am unable to just uncheck the "Require Two Factor Authentication (2MFA) field on the Account>Account Default>Security tab. How can we get this removed? Thank you!

DianaGomez
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Disable 2FA

解決

Hi @TDelegate hope you are doing well!

If you're a Super Admin or have permissions to edit account defaults, you can require every user in the account to use two-factor authentication or not. 

You can follow the instructions on this article. Just that this time you will uncheck the option rather than check it.

Hope this helps, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

Eric95
メンバー

Disable 2FA

解決

Hi @DianaGomez 

I have Super Admin rights, I followed your instructions.
But I can't unstick itcan not unstick.jpg

DianaGomez
コミュニティーマネージャー
コミュニティーマネージャー

Disable 2FA

解決

Hi @Eric95 thank you so much for the details 🙂

After investigated I have confirmed that once that Require two-factor authentication for all users is checked there is no way to turn it off as it's generally recommended that everyone use 2FA for security.

Since 2FA is a setting on the user lever, each user will need to disable it in their own account - they should be able to disable two-factor authentication by following the steps listed below. In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon settings in the main navigation bar. In the left sidebar menu, click Security. In the Two-factor authentication section, click Remove SMS. In the dialog box, click Turn off.

Hope this clarifies, 

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Disable 2FA

解決

Hi @Ray_,

Users who want to reset their 2FA can work with a super admin, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/reset-your-two-factor-authentication

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ray_
参加者

Disable 2FA

解決

I see there is an easy way to access your own 2FA, but what about other users?  They aren't a super admin, so they can't use the function mentioned for "Lost your authentication device".  Shouldn't a super admin be able to reset 2FA for users?

0 いいね!
DevonG
投稿者

Disable 2FA

解決

For anyone else reading this, please upvote this feature request here https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Need-to-disable-two-factor-authentication-for-a-user/...

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
解決策
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Disable 2FA

解決

Hi @EC2020,

You should be able to disable two-factor authentication by clicking the settings icon, followed by "Security" in the left sidebar menu. Under "Two-factor authentification", I can see "Remove Google Authentication" in my account.

If you've locked yourself out and your not the super admin, you can request a 2FA reset from a super admin in your portal.

If you are the super admin and have locked yourself out, you should navigate to the login screen and click "Lost your authentication device" on the login screen: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/two-factor-authentication-faq

You'll be redirected to a page where you can send an email to HubSpot. The HubSpot team will then ask you to fill out a form to verify your identity.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

NMorse
メンバー

Disable 2FA

解決

I am super admin and i am looking for this 2fa reset and unable to find

0 いいね!
vincentemartine
参加者

Disable 2FA

解決

You can see "Remove Google Authentication", but I can't.  Should I remove security app or should I remove SMS?

vincentemartine_0-1662720237184.png

0 いいね!
EC2020
メンバー

Disable 2FA

解決

Hi Karsten,

I clicked into Security and it asks if we want to enable Two factor authentication, so we don't have it currently enabled. But we still get messages like the following every now and then when we log in: 

675597 is your HubSpot Log In Code

We noticed something different about your log in. We're just making sure it's you. Use this single-use code to log in to your HubSpot account. Your code will expire if not used promptly. No one at HubSpot will ask you for your log in code.

0 いいね!
GSchüssel
メンバー

Disable 2FA

解決

Same question...

It is alwasy me. Same way of athentification, same computer, same day etc.

But it always asks for the code if the browser was closed. That´s very annoying!
Once per day would be enough....

Any sugestions how I could tell "hubspot" that it is me?  

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Disable 2FA

解決

Hello @EC2020,

This is one of many ways by which HubSpot is preventing fraudulent behavior. If your login activity differs from previous logins, that could be a sign that someone else is trying to get access to your account. HubSpot is just making sure it's you. (You won't be able to deactive this.)

Best,

Karsten

Karsten Köhler

Mo_
参加者

Disable 2FA

解決

Thanks! but what if login activity is not different from previous logins, but it's still asking to enter the code? Same computer, same browser, still asks for code everytime?!

0 いいね!
DevonG
投稿者

Disable 2FA

解決

They won't share these heuristic parameters publicly as it would expose their security tactics to bad actors.

0 いいね!