Disable 2FA

SOLVE
New Contributor

Hello,

We would like to disable 2FA, could you please help?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advisor | Partner

Hi @EC2020,

You should be able to disable two-factor authentication by clicking the settings icon, followed by "Security" in the left sidebar menu. Under "Two-factor authentification", I can see "Remove Google Authentication" in my account.

If you've locked yourself out and your not the super admin, you can request a 2FA reset from a super admin in your portal.

If you are the super admin and have locked yourself out, you should navigate to the login screen and click "Lost your authentication device" on the login screen: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/two-factor-authentication-faq

You'll be redirected to a page where you can send an email to HubSpot. The HubSpot team will then ask you to fill out a form to verify your identity.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin vereinbaren

Hat mein Beitrag deine Frage beantwortet? Bitte hilf der Community und markiere ihn als Lösung.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Advisor | Partner

Hi @EC2020,

You should be able to disable two-factor authentication by clicking the settings icon, followed by "Security" in the left sidebar menu. Under "Two-factor authentification", I can see "Remove Google Authentication" in my account.

If you've locked yourself out and your not the super admin, you can request a 2FA reset from a super admin in your portal.

If you are the super admin and have locked yourself out, you should navigate to the login screen and click "Lost your authentication device" on the login screen: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/account/two-factor-authentication-faq

You'll be redirected to a page where you can send an email to HubSpot. The HubSpot team will then ask you to fill out a form to verify your identity.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Hat mein Beitrag deine Frage beantwortet? Bitte hilf der Community und markiere ihn als Lösung.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Karsten,

I clicked into Security and it asks if we want to enable Two factor authentication, so we don't have it currently enabled. But we still get messages like the following every now and then when we log in: 

675597 is your HubSpot Log In Code

We noticed something different about your log in. We're just making sure it's you. Use this single-use code to log in to your HubSpot account. Your code will expire if not used promptly. No one at HubSpot will ask you for your log in code.

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Advisor | Partner

Hello @EC2020,

This is one of many ways by which HubSpot is preventing fraudulent behavior. If your login activity differs from previous logins, that could be a sign that someone else is trying to get access to your account. HubSpot is just making sure it's you. (You won't be able to deactive this.)

Best,

Karsten

Karsten Köhler