Account & Settings

KRo1

Different submissions get added into the same contact

SOLVE

Hi all,

We have just started using hubspot in the free version, we've integrated our website forms with hubspot, and I have a technical issue.

For some reason, all submissions I make from the website from my computer get added into the same contact. For example, I submit the website form 4 times with completely different details. All the details get added into the same contact under "Contacts --> contacts".

Maybe the association of submittions into the same contact is by computer, or by IP. I am not sure. 

Is this how it's supposed to function? It's rather odd.

Thanks ,

Karen

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KRo1,

There are some aspects of external forms that you can manage from within HubSpot (see here) but from what I can see this particular setting isn't available there. Still, I'd recommend reviewing everything that appears in this external forms section of HubSpot for options.

If that doesn't work, the setting would be within Elementor, I'd assume.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
KRo1

SOLVE

Thank you!!!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KRo1,

There are some aspects of external forms that you can manage from within HubSpot (see here) but from what I can see this particular setting isn't available there. Still, I'd recommend reviewing everything that appears in this external forms section of HubSpot for options.

If that doesn't work, the setting would be within Elementor, I'd assume.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KRo1

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler , 

Thank you so much, this is super helpful!

My website is based on WordPress, and the forms have been developed using a plugin called Elementor (so they are not hubspot forms). 

Is there a way around this behaviour in such a case, to always create a new contact for a new email address in hubspot?

Thanks! 

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KRo1,

This behavior is explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/create-forms#customize-your-form-options

By default, HubSpot will recognize and update your contacts based on the cookies that are dropped in their browsers. This may result in contacts being overwritten if the same form is submitted multiple times on the same device.

You can enable an option 'Always create contact for new email address' to avoid that.

(In general, for testing purposes I'd always recommend to submit forms in a private window.)

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes