Data import: associating Contacts with Companies

SOLVE

1 Accepted solution
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Thought Leader

SOLVE

Q: Can we import notes into HubSpot contact records? And can we build associations between HubSpot contacts and companies?

Short A: Yes. And, yes.

Longer A:

Beginning in December, the ability to import notes into HubSpot is now built-in fuctionality. And we may now build associations between contacts and companies (without regard to company domain). Yay!

- see Everything You Need to Know About the New HubSpot Import

14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes14-Dec-2018: HubSpot Import Notes 

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
26 Replies 26
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

That's fair, @Swaabi, and I'll rephrase: 

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you want to carry on conversation here, that's fine. However, these individual threads aren't necessarily where HubSpot support or product management is looking. I realize the ideas board can be an inferior or dissatisfying solution. It's also an avenue that needs to be tried. Same with reaching out to the humans responsible for the deal and your account at HubSpot. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
0 Upvotes
Swaabi
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks @bradmin

You are spot on.  I have used those other avenues too and fingers crossed something will come of it.  As I said earlier, the people I have been working with directly at HubSpot have been great in so many ways and they worked hard to find me a solution.  Disappointly however, they seemed to look everywhere else for a solution and I didn't feel like they really took it on board as a Hubspot issue.  Based on their own teachings, I should have felt like they were the most proactive channel, but sadly I didn't feel that way.

0 Upvotes
AmyEbit
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks Phil. I was really hoping that there would be a way of doing it for free, as I believe Salesforce integration is only available for paid accounts. 

If not it's not the end of the world, it just means more manual data entry from my end! 

Best wishes,

Amy

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AmyEbit

Oh yes, I'm sorry I overlooks that you might be on the free platform.  

In that case, I'm afraid there is not much you can do. 

Best of luck!

P.S. Thanks for your input @bradmin

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
bradmin
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@Phil_Vallender is correct that if contact-account associations exist in Salesforce, then the connector can create those same associations for you in HubSpot. If this applies, first go to the Salesforce integration settings page in-app in HubSpot, then enable account sync. Once that's complete, navigate to the imports screen, and import all contacts from Salesforce - with account sync enabled, any associated account data in Salesforce is created in HubSpot, and associated with the appropriate contacts.

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.
AmyEbit
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks @bradmin and @Phil_Vallender for your suggestions - looks like manual is the way forward!

I'm sure I'll get there eventually. 

Thanks again!