Account & Settings

indieweb
Contributor

Customizing Default Record Sidebars doesn't work as per documentation

SOLVE

This documentation states that the Default Record Sidebar can be customized; specifically, that the properties of the About Section can be added, removed and re-ordered and, moreover, that this functionality is available to those on paid plans (in the About Section only).

However, upon testing this functionality, I have found the behaviour to be inconsistent with the documentation. I can add new fields to the side bar, but I cannot remove fields or change the order. Or rather, I can remove fields and change the order, but this has no effect on what I see in the Side Bar.

Please note, I am not talking about customizing anything other than the About section. And I haven't even got onto the effect this has for other users. I am only dealing with a single user (myself).

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @indieweb,

Are you a super admin in your portal? In general, the behavior of the left sidebar can be confusing but it should respect these two rules:

• Because each user can customize their own view of the About section, they may have a different order and a larger number of properties in their own About section. Removing properties in the default About section will not remove the properties that were already previously set to appear for a specific user.
  • If you previously modified the properties displaying on the About card of a record, any new default properties added by your administrator will be appended to the bottom of the card. If you only want to see the default properties set for your user, click Reset to account defaults.

The last step, clicking Reset to account defaults, would be my recommendation for troubleshooting. If after that, things still don't work, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot technical support via the purple in-app help widget (bottom right corner).

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @indieweb,

Are you a super admin in your portal? In general, the behavior of the left sidebar can be confusing but it should respect these two rules:

• Because each user can customize their own view of the About section, they may have a different order and a larger number of properties in their own About section. Removing properties in the default About section will not remove the properties that were already previously set to appear for a specific user.
  • If you previously modified the properties displaying on the About card of a record, any new default properties added by your administrator will be appended to the bottom of the card. If you only want to see the default properties set for your user, click Reset to account defaults.

The last step, clicking Reset to account defaults, would be my recommendation for troubleshooting. If after that, things still don't work, I'd recommend reaching out to HubSpot technical support via the purple in-app help widget (bottom right corner).

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BAllgood
Participant

SOLVE

Hi there. I have the same issue. I am the super admin. When I reorder the lefthand sidebar, the changers do not reflect in my own view. Clearing cookies and cache doesn't help.

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @BAllgood,

Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, I would like to invite you to create a new post to ensure it gets visibility among the entire community.

Make sure to include screenshots, troubleshooting steps taken and any other pertinent information in the new post.

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !