Account & Settings

RValentine9
Participant

Custom Object Properties

SOLVE

I have a few different custom objects as our use-case for HubSpot is a little different than most.

On a couple of these custom objects, I want to create a phone number property with the same functionality as the phone number properties in Companies and Contacts.

Is this possible?

1 Accepted solution
Bryantworks
Solution
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Custom Object Properties

SOLVE

Hey @RValentine9,

Unfortunately, these types of properties are not possible as the phone number field on contacts and companies (while a number) is unique to those objects.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this does sound like a solid idea for the ideas forum!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
CElis
Contributor

Custom Object Properties

SOLVE

I solved the problem with a text field with just numbers and no special letters. 

That worked for me. All numbers are now in the format 49123456 oder 012345 (german numbers) That also helps with the searchability as noone uses blank spaces, dashes or something like this. 

CElis_0-1674058084651.png

The picture is in german but I hope it helps. 

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Custom Object Properties

SOLVE

Hi @CElis, hope you are doing well 😊

¡Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
RValentine9
Participant

Custom Object Properties

SOLVE

That's too bad!

Being able to use the Hubspot-created properties in custom objects would open up a whole new world of possibilities.

0 Upvotes
Bryantworks
Solution

Custom Object Properties

SOLVE

Hey @RValentine9,

Unfortunately, these types of properties are not possible as the phone number field on contacts and companies (while a number) is unique to those objects.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this does sound like a solid idea for the ideas forum!

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert