Account & Settings

DanielG1

Creating Organisational Hierarchy

SOLVE

I am looking to do something fairly simple, but after scouring the forums and tutorial videos on Youtube, I'm struggling to see how to do this. 

I have a small organisation of about 20 people. This organisation is split into North and South Regions with a Manager for the North and a Manager for the South.

I need to grant permission to the manager to see the leads/contacts of everyone in their region as well as having their own leads/ contacts. 

so for example if I have 4 users in the North (they should only be able to see their own contacts).  The Manager of the North should be able to see his own leads/contacts, plus that of the 4 users in the North. But he must not be able to see any leads/contacts of users from the South. 

I'm sure there is a simple way to do this - but I cannot seem to find it. 

I cannot see anyway to set roles (I don't have a tab like some forums are suggesting) 

I thought perhaps when setting up the account I change the View>> Owned By and select the corresponding users, but the only option I have here is unassigned. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm quite new to this and it's stopping me making any progress.

Thank you in advance. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DanielG1,

Yes, creating and editing teams is restricted to the Professional and Enterprise tiers of HubSpot, see here. I've updated my previous post to reflect that.

Without teams, you could still limit contact access to 'Owned only' for the team members, managers however would be able to see all contacts.

If you need this setup for data privacy reasons, you would have to upgrade. If this is more about the managers having an unobstructed overview of their contacts, you could also create filtered views for the managers, as explained here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DanielG1,

While user permissions are available on all tiers, creating and editing teams is limited to the Professional and Enterprise tiers of HubSpot. Following the HubSpot user permissions guide that @EmmaWashington shared (Settings > Users & Teams > Teams and Roles tabs), you would have to create two teams and two roles:

Teams

North (incl. North manager and North employees)

South (incl. South manager and South employees)

Roles

Manager (with Contacts Access set to View/Communicate/Edit to 'Team only')

Employee (with Contacts Access set to View/Communicate/Edit to 'Owned only')

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DanielG1

SOLVE

Morning Karsten/Emma.  It does sound like teams is what I am looking for, however when I attempt to create teams, I am told I need to upgrade. Is teams only available to certain tiers? 

Thank you again!

Daniel

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @DanielG1,

Yes, creating and editing teams is restricted to the Professional and Enterprise tiers of HubSpot, see here. I've updated my previous post to reflect that.

Without teams, you could still limit contact access to 'Owned only' for the team members, managers however would be able to see all contacts.

If you need this setup for data privacy reasons, you would have to upgrade. If this is more about the managers having an unobstructed overview of their contacts, you could also create filtered views for the managers, as explained here.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

MMatos2
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for the response @karstenkoehler  - it's unclear how we can create separate Roles for manager and individual contributors, how is this managed?

0 Upvotes
DanielG1

SOLVE

That's great. 

thank you for clearing that up!

0 Upvotes
EmmaWashington
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @DanielG1! Maybe Teams is what you're looking for. Here is a KBA regarding user permissions, and you'll see under the first section, titled Contacts Access, how designating a Team and its members can impact how they view and edit contacts.

You access Teams by navigating to Settings > Users & Teams > Teams tab.

Hope this helps!

Emma