Account & Settings

NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Create unique short ID for deals

SOLVE

Hi there,

We are looking for a solution to build a property that is unique per deal that is a max of 5 digits/characters long. I can use deal IDs to create longer codes but we need to find a way to create this using sales and marketing hub. If there is a low cost integration we would also consider this solution.

The deal ID cant currently be shortned but if you have any ideas I would appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NicoleSengers,

This could be accomplished with custom code in workflows (available in Operations Hub Professional).

The free option here would be, as is often the case, the Zapier integration. You could send contacts from HubSpot into a Google Sheet, apply a formula to generate a unique ID (e.g. 00001, 00002, 00003 etc.) and send these contacts back to HubSpot, populating the custom deal ID property with the new value from the Google Sheet.

Natively, I believe there isn't any option since HubSpot workflows treat each contact one by one and can't "count".

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @NicoleSengers,

This could be accomplished with custom code in workflows (available in Operations Hub Professional).

The free option here would be, as is often the case, the Zapier integration. You could send contacts from HubSpot into a Google Sheet, apply a formula to generate a unique ID (e.g. 00001, 00002, 00003 etc.) and send these contacts back to HubSpot, populating the custom deal ID property with the new value from the Google Sheet.

Natively, I believe there isn't any option since HubSpot workflows treat each contact one by one and can't "count".

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BLucassen
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Carsten,

I really need to implement the above for a client, and I see many other people are also aiming to find a solution (see this post: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Have-a-sequential-deal-number-created-each-time-a-dea...

Using zapier connecting an Excel sheet is not an option for me. Using custom code within a workflow requires certain skills which is for many companies not possible. It would seem there would be a much easier solution. Since so many other people are also looking for a solution, and support mentioned in the other article that they were working on it last year, is there already another solution? 

thanks!

GLloyd1
Contributor

SOLVE

Did you find a solution for this? Happy Friday!