Account & Settings

Benster

Cookie banner on website AND on landing pages???

SOLVE

Hi there

I am seeking your tipps and support again:

I link visitors from our website to two Hubspot Landingpages.

Of course, we have the cookie consent banner on our website, but when they access the Hubspot hosted landing page, then they have to accept cookies AGAIN (from Hubspot system). 

I want to find out how you do it? Any idea to get around having the visitors to accept cookies two times? Any chance to turn off the cookie banner for these two landing pages only?

Love & Peace,

Benster

1 Accepted solution
Nynke_HM
Solution
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Benster ,

To answer your question: yes, you can activate the HubSpot cookie banner on selected pages only - and therefore leave out the Landing pages you're referring to (for example by adding your main domain only if you're using HubSpot as add-on and on a subdomain):

Community - cookie banner.png

BUT between the lines I can read you are not using the HubSpot cookie banner on your website. Is the HubSpot tracking code installed on your website? Then you should ask for permission to place HubSpot cookies there as well and therefore use HubSpots cookie banner. I would advise you to combine it with your existing cookie banner by adding the codes HubSpot uses or replace your current cookie banner with the one from HubSpot. It all depends on the other tracking systems you have installed of course.

If other trackers require cookie policy, you should definitely add those to your banner as well. You could use this tool to find out if your (adjusted) cookie banner is compliant: Cookiebot.com

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Smiley Very Happy Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Nynke_HM
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @Benster ,

To answer your question: yes, you can activate the HubSpot cookie banner on selected pages only - and therefore leave out the Landing pages you're referring to (for example by adding your main domain only if you're using HubSpot as add-on and on a subdomain):

Community - cookie banner.png

BUT between the lines I can read you are not using the HubSpot cookie banner on your website. Is the HubSpot tracking code installed on your website? Then you should ask for permission to place HubSpot cookies there as well and therefore use HubSpots cookie banner. I would advise you to combine it with your existing cookie banner by adding the codes HubSpot uses or replace your current cookie banner with the one from HubSpot. It all depends on the other tracking systems you have installed of course.

If other trackers require cookie policy, you should definitely add those to your banner as well. You could use this tool to find out if your (adjusted) cookie banner is compliant: Cookiebot.com

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Nynke

Smiley Very Happy Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Benster

SOLVE

Hi Nynke,

thank you so much for your help.

That's actually exactly what I was looking for. I implemented the Tracking code and now use the Hubspot cookie banner for the complete website.

Best

Benster

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Benster,

I want to tag in some subject matter experts to assist with this! @Nynke_HM@MatthewShepherd@Krystinado you have any suggestions for @Benster?

Thank you,
Jenny