Account & Settings

ncatech

Contacts Disappeard and Admin Can't Upload New Contacts

SOLVE

Today I've been setting up our new Hubspot CRM and imported 700+ contacts and assigned their status. Everything was working well and then I invited another user. Suddenly the CRM is telling me that I don't have any contacts and that I can't upload new contacts because I don't have permission. My profile shows me as Marketing Admin, Sales Admin and Account Admin.

The Sales dashboard shows 797 Contacts Created, but again, when I click on Contacts it says "no contacts match the current filters", even though there are no filters and view is set to "all contacts".

In addition, I think the account used to show me as a user. After I added the second user, I no longer show as a user, even though I'm logged in as admin.

Thanks in advance!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
ncatech
Solution

SOLVE

I was able to figure it out. I went to SETTINGS >> TEAM and it turns out my permissions had changed. I set them all to back to  "everything" and now my contacts are back. I don't know why my permissions changed when I added the other user, but it seems like they did. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
mwhite051
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @ncatech, a few questions here?

can you upload a screenshot of your view when clicking on "all contacts"? I'm curious what it shows if the dashboard is counting the contacts. 

If you try searcing for an example contact name or email address, are you able to access their contact record?

Also has the other user you invited been able to access the account? What do they see if they can log in? 

0 Upvotes
ncatech

SOLVE

Hi @mwhite051,

A search for contacts by name or email produces 0 matches. Here's what I see for contacts:

hub1.jpg

Here's what I see on my dashboard:

hub2.jpg

It seems like all the contacts got deleted.

I haven't been able to confirm with the other user if they can see the contacts.

You can see here that I have admin privileges, but the UPLOAD button is grey out, saying I don't have permission to upload contacts:

hub3.jpg

0 Upvotes
ncatech
Solution

SOLVE

I was able to figure it out. I went to SETTINGS >> TEAM and it turns out my permissions had changed. I set them all to back to  "everything" and now my contacts are back. I don't know why my permissions changed when I added the other user, but it seems like they did. Thanks again.

0 Upvotes