Account & Settings

KShen

Contact owner error

SOLVE

Whenever I put in the details of a customer in the CRM, it sometimes assigns it to another contact owner by itself. Can someone help me?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Contact owner error

SOLVE

Hi @KShen,

That depends, have you toggled this setting? ("Assign company owner to contact by default") https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/sync-ownership-between-contacts-and-companies

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Contact owner error

SOLVE

Hi @KShen,

That depends, have you toggled this setting? ("Assign company owner to contact by default") https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/sync-ownership-between-contacts-and-companies

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

KShen

Contact owner error

SOLVE

Screenshot 2021-02-11 at 10.54.23.png

Does this mean that every lead with this particular company will be assigned to a particular contact owner?

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Contact owner error

SOLVE

Hi @KShen,

You can investigate by navigating to a contact record. On a contact record, click View property history (in the About this contact section in the left sidebar). You should now see a property history for this contact and be able to search for "contact owner". HubSpot should show you when and how the contact owner was changed. For example:

owner.png

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler