Account & Settings

TSatellite

Contact Record Properties showing spam message as category option

SOLVE

When i go to 'contact record properties' and scroll down to 'collected form fields' - there is a spam message as unclickable option from 'The list box' - how do you remove this?

- i can't seem to insert a photo to show you either?!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TSatellite

Thanks for your patience. I've heard back from our developers and they were able to delete the property from your portal. As far as how it got there in the first place, because Collected Forms depend on the styling and formatting of your external form, there is not much that can be found into what caused the issue in the past. We did some testing and were not able to replicate a form submission causing a new or updated Contact Property, however this may be due to how the form is formatted now. In any case, the property has been deleted. 

If this happens again, feel free to reach out and we can dig into this more! 

Thank you,

Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

@TSatellite is the property a contact property? If the property is associated with a collected form, then it is pulling in from one of the forms you have set up in your portal. When you say it is 'spam', do you mean it isn't a field you have in any of your forms? Any additional context in regards to where this message is coming from would be great. If you are able to send a screenshot so I know what part of the tool you are working in, that would be helpful.

You can add a photo to your post by selecting "photos" from the toolbar above the text box, then uploading a file and attaching it to the post. 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
TSatellite

SOLVE

Hubspot spam.JPG

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TSatellite

Thank you for the screenshot. I will need additional information to ensure that I am looking at the same area of the tool as you are. Currently when I search in your properties I am not seeing the contact property you are referencing, so the additional information will be necessary in order to troubleshoot this further. Where you are you seeing this in the tool? Are you editing the about section of the contact record? Are you adding new contact properties? Are other users seeing this as well. If you are able to locate the actual contact property, can you please send along the link to the contact property? 

Additionally, can you please confirm the HubID you're working in? 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
TSatellite

SOLVE

Hi,

If you are on contacts > actions > edit columns > scroll to the bottom to 'collected form fields'.

You can also see it if you go to Settings > manage contact properties > scroll to the bottom to 'collected form fields'. It's beneath 'enquiry' - a huge box of text from 'the list box'

Yes all users can see this. We are using the 'free' sales CRM but i'm sure this shouldn't be here and can't seem to remove it. https://app.hubspot.com/sales-products-settings/2950534/

HubID: 2950534

Thank you

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TSatellite

Thank you for sending the additional information along. With that information I was able to locate the contact property and I can see as well that it cannot be deleted. 

I am going to partner with our developers regarding this matter to ensure we find the root cause of this property and next steps on how to remove it. 

I will update this thread once I have more information.

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @TSatellite

Thanks for your patience. I've heard back from our developers and they were able to delete the property from your portal. As far as how it got there in the first place, because Collected Forms depend on the styling and formatting of your external form, there is not much that can be found into what caused the issue in the past. We did some testing and were not able to replicate a form submission causing a new or updated Contact Property, however this may be due to how the form is formatted now. In any case, the property has been deleted. 

If this happens again, feel free to reach out and we can dig into this more! 

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Upvotes