Account & Settings

AnnVa

Contact Access - Permissions

SOLVE

Hello Community!

My question is: I need to add a new user to HubSpot. This user should have an ability to work with some limited contacts, not all the listed. How can I do?

Thanks in advance.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Josh
Solution
Recognized Expert | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AnnVa,

You would want to set those up with the appropriate permissions. In this case you may want them to be able to view all contacts, but only edit the ones they own.

Here's the best resource in understanding user permissions within HubSpot.  This should help you out, but if you're still in need of assistance, schedule some time with me and I'll walk you through it.

Josh

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.
HubSpot Platinum Partner & HubSpot Certified Trainer

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
AnnVa

SOLVE

Hi Josh!

Thank you, this issue is solved.

0 Upvotes
AGupta115
Participant

SOLVE

How did you solve this?

0 Upvotes
Josh
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @AnnVa,

You would want to set those up with the appropriate permissions. In this case you may want them to be able to view all contacts, but only edit the ones they own.

Here's the best resource in understanding user permissions within HubSpot.  This should help you out, but if you're still in need of assistance, schedule some time with me and I'll walk you through it.

Josh

Josh Curcio

HubSpot support and inbound marketing for OEMs, contract manufacturers, and industrial suppliers.

0 Upvotes
acchan

SOLVE

Hi, I have a question. Your solution still lets the user view all the contacts but there are some contacts that are confidential except the board of directors. Is it possible? 

Thank you

0 Upvotes
Josh

SOLVE

Hi @acchan,

There is not a way to set permissions so that a user can see all contacts except for a small set of them. There may be some workarounds for this, but I can't think of any that won't cause issues elsewhere.

Josh 

Josh Curcio