Contact Access - Permissions to Email - Edit

Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
30 Replies 30
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

The difference between the communicate and edit permissions are outlined in this article as 

• Communicate: click the dropdown menu to control the set of contacts and companies the user can email, call, or schedule a meeting with.
    • The options are EverythingTeam onlyOwned only, and None.
    • When selecting Team only or Owned only, select the Unassigned checkbox to allow the user to see unassigned contacts and companies.
  • Edit: click the dropdown menu to control the set of contacts, companies, and tasks the user can edit.
    • The options are EverythingTeam onlyOwned only, and None.
    • When selecting Team only or Owned only, select the Unassigned checkbox to allow the user to see unassigned contacts and companies.

If you are experiencing something different, please let us know.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

I am going to partner with the Technical Support Team regarding this matter as I am able to replicate the same behavior in my own portal.

I will reach out here once I have next steps.

Thanks,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

They are still investigating the issue, so I am awaiting next steps from them. Thank you for your patience and I will update you as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

Thanks for the feedback! 

I am unable to reproduce this behavior on my end. Can you please try clearing your cache and loading the content in other web browsers? If the issue persists after taking these steps, can you please send along screenshots of that user's permissions, as well as what they see when they try to create a deal? 

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

Thank you for the screenshots! Can you please try giving the user permission to see unassigned deals in addition to owned? That is the necessary permission in order to be able to create new deals.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Thanks for the information @howardmarxb!

Let me connect with the Support team to see what is causing this. I will reach out when I have an update.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

I am still actively investigating your permissions inquiries with the Technical Support team. I will update you when I have more information.

Thank you for your patience.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

I am working with the Technical Support Team regarding this matter on your behalf. I am sharing all updates with them (and you) as they are available.

If you have a new concern regarding the permissions, please share screenshots confirming this, as well as what user this is happening for, and finally please confirm that the issue is occuring across multiple browsers, after clearing your cache, and in an incognito window. 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

Thank you for the additional information and screenshots. 

Can you please update me as to what the user is experiencing now for the permissions you would like to have? The team has been working on updates to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

Thank you for the additional information and screenshots!

I am not seeing anything working improperly based off of your screenshots. 

Edit: the contact delete option will populate, but the user will not be able to delete the contact if they don't have the edit permissions.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

@howardmarxb,

If a user doesn't have edit permissions, then they will be prompted with the option to delete the contact, but the contact should not actually be deleted. 

The only 'delete' setting is specific to bulk deleting.

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

There is no permission specifically for creating records, it is tied into the other permissions.

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @howardmarxb,

Happy new year!

If you're still experiencing this issue, can you please provide screenshots showing the issue, and confirm which user is experiencing this? 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

0 Upvotes