Account & Settings

SeaShellDigital

Confused about Companies and Contacts

SOLVE

After entering a new company and including Contact Name in the Field, does this automatically create a contact?  Or must I also create a new contact?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SeaShellDigital 

Interesting. Contact is not a default company property as far as I am aware, so it may been created by someone as a custom property in your portal. 

You can associate contacts with a company and vice versa from the right hand side of the contact or company record view. More info here: Manually associate contacts with companies

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @SeaShellDigital 

The create company dialog doesn't typically include a field to enter/associate a contact, so can you confirm which field you populated with the contact name? 

Nonetheless however, the create company action wouldn't create a new contact. You need to associate companies with existing contacts as a second step. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
SeaShellDigital

SOLVE

Hi Phil,

"Contact" is the property I have used.  

Can I associate a contact with an existing company?

Thanks.

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @SeaShellDigital 

Interesting. Contact is not a default company property as far as I am aware, so it may been created by someone as a custom property in your portal. 

You can associate contacts with a company and vice versa from the right hand side of the contact or company record view. More info here: Manually associate contacts with companies

Hope this helps.