Account & Settings

vadimevelson

Confirming email address is not possible

Hi,

when I click on "Confirm email address" in my mail, the browser shows an error: 

We could not determine which URL you were trying to go to. Please check to make sure your URL is not truncated.

AdBlockers/Firewall are off, tried it on different browsers. 

34 Replies 34
SteveFree

The problem of authentica is still there.

We could not determine which URL you were trying to go to. Please check to make sure your URL is not truncated.

I think it is Microsoft 365 truncating links.

This must be costing you sales as more and more larger companies move to 365

I would suggest  you find a way of shortning you link character count to come under the (2000?) suggested above.

We have tried three diferent browser Safari Chrome and Avast so can't see it's the browser

As the site developer for a client when the link was sent to me through Apple mail and Safari it worked perfectly.

So if I setup the clients account and add some additional users can I delete my account once it's all setup.

Regards

Steve

0 Upvotes
KHarve10
Participant

Yo, I had the same issue.  Found this forum post.   

My fix?  I used my phone to get the email and the link worked.    

Additional note:  I took the same email and forwarded from work to gmail.  That gave the truncated message also.  It didn't matter which browser.  I was launching from the Android Gmail app.  

HubSpot needs to fix this because many many users are trying to sign up but simply cannot.  I've never had a confirmation email issue before.  That URL is HUGE.

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SteveFree @KHarve10 

Thank you for reaching out. 

We typically encounter this error sometimes when the user has an Email Protection software that is wrapping the links to run them through a checking service - like mimecast for example. Likely, this tool is not allowing for the full length of the URL these initial confirmation emails can be as a result of the tracking contained within them. If you can control the length of the URL allowed for wrapping that is one option. The other possible option here is if you are using a corporate email where this software is implemented, you could initially use a personal email that clicked through on your personal device/network to bypass this functionality (I think that's what you did with your Gmail account @KHarve10 ! ) Then when the Hub or account is created, you can create a new user to the Hub to receive the Account Invite Email.

Hope that helps.
Thank you!
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

SteveFrtee

I think your missing the point.

Obviously it's not just a one off problem.

Hubspot needs to rewrite the confirmation link to reduce its size.

We were close to giving up and going elswhere.  It was only that someone suggested trying a mobile thhat allowed us to comlete the setup.

It looks to be a very platform but getting onto it was the most difficult we have ever experienced.

REgards

SteveFree

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SteveFrtee 

Thank you for your reply. 

I'm sorry for the frustration experienced on this.

If you can send me via DM the email address of the user who had the issue as well as the confirmation link that the user got, I could have another look with the team to double check. 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

CLAI

Thank you very much @TiphaineCuisset  for the explanation. HubSpot is new to me and I will have to explore 'create the new user'. As an instructor, when we teach courses with HubSpot, will the students experience the same technical issues? What is the best practices for instructors? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
CLAI

Dear @TiphaineCuisset,

I have used my gmail to create the account, and watched all the videos by following the instructions. But, I just received an email in my corporate mail addresse saying that I haven't watched all the videos' and my application to academy program is still pending...Can you help? Thanks!

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CLAI - we typically encounter this error sometimes with the signup link and in rare cases tracking links that are very long (which is what causes the error), in addition to that it can only happen when the recipient has Email Protection software that is wrapping the links to run them through a checking service - like mimecast for example- I am not expecting your students to encounter this issue with the emails you will send them!

as for your Academy issue, would you mind sending me screenshots of the application still pending and the email you received? 

Thank you

Best

Tiphaine

0 Upvotes
CLAI

Thank you very much for your help @TiphaineCuisset .

Here below is the screenshot 🙂. Will it be possible to have only one email attached to HUBSPOT account (preferably my corporate mail account)? How to do that? Please advise. Thanks!

CLAI_1-1611581788316.png

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bonjour @CLAI 

I am unfamiliar with this application process, I will reach out to the team regarding this and come back to you - do you see somewhere specific that the application is still pending? Or is it just that you watched all the videos and nothing is happening to confirm then? 

For the HubSpot account, you will be able to change your email address by following those steps

I also realized you have a French HubSpot Account, I want to let you know we have a French Community! To access it, you can click on the language selector on the top left and then change your preferred language in your settings and you will access the French Community 🙂

Best, 

Tiphaine

CLAI

Dear @TiphaineCuisset ,

Thank you again for your response 😊. I receive the email that indicates my application is pending from my corporate email addresse. I watched all the videos when I logged in with my gmail and received my account number later.  My guess is that when I had trouble confirming the email from my corporate email address, I went back to the previous step and changed my email to gmail address. The system might not record this switch. I have also reached out Gulia Gueron for this issue. I am not sure if I reach to the right person. 🙄

Yes, I am located in France 😎. Thank you for letting me know there's a French Community. The courses I am teaching is in English, I thought it might be more useful for me to get connected with English or international community 😉

Thanks again!

TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CLAI 

Thank you for your reply!

It makes sense for the language then! 🙂 

Yes Julia would be the best person to reach out to for this, but I am going to let her know about this issue you had with the email address, maybe it has blocked the process! We will be in touch, thank you for your patience on this. 

Best, 

Tiphaine

CLAI

I had the same problem 5 minutes ago and received the following message:

I had to modify my email address to my personal gmail account, then I was able to log in and created a HUBSPOT account. Will it be possible to solve this problem from your side? I am a teacher with a cohort of 30-40 students. I cannot imagine how to handle this when receiving all the technical issues from students like this one. Thank you!

0 Upvotes
JHedegaard

Hi @CLAI , try to follow the advice by @austinchambers.

Briefly,

1. Open email in Outlook

2. Click the "If there are problems with how this message is displayed" link to view it in a web browser

3. In the browser, right-click the “Confirm email address” and select “properties”.

4. In the properties window, copy the URL and paste into a new browser window.

Worked fine for me...

0 Upvotes
CLAI

Thanks @JHedegaard ! I tried, but it did not work. We received the email from outlook. When I right clicked, there's no such option of properties...therefore, I created the account using my gmail. That worked!

JHedegaard

@CLAI wasnt there a link in the email: "If there are problems with how this message is displayed" to view yje email in a web browser?

0 Upvotes
JHedegaard

@CLAI 

JHedegaard_0-1611245437360.png

0 Upvotes
CLAI

Thank you so much @JHedegaard 😊! The information you provided is really helpful, but it did not work. The url in the properties is the same as that in the browser. I've got the same message....:

Thank you again for your help 😉

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CLAI 

@JHedegaard thanks for trying to help here!) 

This sounds like you have a similar Email Protection software that is wrapping the links to run them through a checking service - like mimecast for example. Likely, this tool is not allowing for the full length of the URL these initial confirmation emails can be as a result of the tracking contained within them. 

Depending on if you can control the length of the URL allowed for wrapping that is one option.
The other possible option here is if you are using a corporate email where this software is implemented, you could initially use a personal email that clicked through on your personal device/network to bypass this functionality (I think that's what your did with your gmail account! ) Then when the Hub or account is created, you can create a new user to the Hub to receive the Account Invite Email.

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

0 Upvotes
JHedegaard

I was also faced with the problem of a too long URL when trying to confirm my email.

But following the advice by @austinchambers_ fixed the issue.

In the browser, right-click the “Confirm email address” and select “properties”. Copy the URL from the properties window and paste into a new browser window.

But would be more handy if those ridiculously long URL were shorter....

0 Upvotes