Account & Settings

bspar145

Company Name property no longer exists

There is no longer a Company Name property listed in my company properties, so I can't create companies, or edit the older ones' names. I get an error message when trying to add a new "Company Name" property, but I don't think that would correctly pair to the original HubSpot default property anyway. How would I get this property re-added to my account? Thanks!

Unable to create new companies, due to lack of Company Name property:

Screenshot 2022-09-22 160538.png

Old companies (back when I could create them) still have their names. New ones are auto-created based on domains, and show up with the name "--".

Screenshot 2022-09-22 160910.png

The Company Name property cannot be recreated with unique values:

name.png

And when created without unique values required, it cannot be added to the "Create Company" form:

Screenshot 2022-09-22 160648.png

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @bspar145,

Very strange. Just to confirm a few things:

• Under Settings > Properties > Company properties, Company name does not show up anymore? Have you checked the Archived Properties tab?
  • Under Settings > Objects > Companies > Customize the 'Create company' form, Company name cannot be added?

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

bspar145

Hi @karstenkoehler,

You're correct on both of those:

• In Company Properties, "Company name" does not show up anywhere. It's not in the Archived Properties tab either.
  • When trying to customize the "Create company" form, "Company name" is not available to be added.
    • The one exception to this: if I create a fake/alternate "Company Name" property temporarily, when I add that property to the form, I get this message:
    • Screenshot 2022-09-22 160648.png

Thanks for your help with this! I have no idea what to do. 🙂

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @bspar145,

My apologies for the late reply. Very curious situation.

I have a few more questions:

Which HubSpot subscription level are you on? 

When you're looking at the properties overview, are you sure you're looking at an unfiltered view of properties? (e.g. not filtered by properties created by you)

Is there a super admin who might have changed property access permissions?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

bspar145

Hi @karstenkoehler,

We're on the free version of Hubspot.

Yes, I'm looking at a full, unfiltered view of properties - both properties I've created, as well as default HubSpot properties.

I'm the super admin (the only admin for our account) and have full property access permissions.

Thanks for your help with this! I hope we can get it fixed soon.

0 Upvotes